Ford Transit Connect Forum

Taping into the central juntion box

I'm adding some accessories to my 2010 XLT van and was wondering how difficult it would be to utilize the CJB. I noticed there's a lot of blank spots that are unused. Has anyone tried this yet? Are the wires soldiered into the back?

I could run a hot from the battery and put in a small fuse block, but with all the unused spaces, I'd rather use what's there. I bought the electrical shop manual, but they don't show the backside of the block.

With some careful shopping, I got the electrical manual for $20 and the mechanical manual for $80, delivered. Both were sold as used, but I can't tell they've ever been opened. Original Ford issue, too!

After looking at some CJB videos on youtube, I'm thinking about going for a four hole block ran directly off the battery. I bought a battery isolator and am waiting for my next "rocking chair check" to buy an auxiliary battery. I hope to have the interior done by August ( light show, Pioneer touch screen, four way front door speakers, three way rear, back up camera).

• 4 months later...

I'm messing with the CJB also.The 3 "Customer Access Circuit " wires are there waiting for fuses. And I want to add another 12 V power port (cig lighter) and fuse it in the CJB. But .... first I need to splice into a hot that is lightly "loaded" as not to blow a main fuse under the hood . Second I need to find the terminals that fit the T-C's CJB . The terms might be the hard part as they aren't like any I've seen .

.... . Second I need to find the terminals that fit the T-C's CJB . The terms might be the hard part as they aren't like any I've seen .

If they look like these I can hook you up with some short wires. I bought a salvage 14 TC fuse box to see if the terminals were usable for adding circuits at the Aux Junction box on my 15. They were different so I couldn't use them once I got them pulled out. If they look like they'll fit, let me know what amperage you need and I'll make sure to send ones that were rated the same in the salvage fuse box. If you need them, PM me an address and I'll drop em in an envelope and get em sent off.

post-5019-0-72019200-1446570156_thumb.jp

Not quite as nice as adding circuits in the existing fuse box, but I did find the next best thing for my needs. Some fair looking, and more importantly pretty bullet proof electrically, add on fuse holders. I was able to tap the supply side connections in the Aux Junction Box in the cargo area of my 2015 TC Wagon even though the fuse box didn't have the load side connections installed.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/3912-added-my-own-accessory-fuse-box/

post-5019-0-26329900-1446574391_thumb.jp

post-5019-0-83639900-1446574397_thumb.jp

Hey Don thanks for thinking of me . Those terms of yours look more like conventional US style Ford terms. I have a few scrap harnesses from a few years back laying around . I pulled a few terms/wires out thinking they should be the same , why not ? They do the same job but won't fit in the hole right . The euro TC must have euro made connectors . Just a little skinny-er .

I looked under my '10 and saw a mini fuse adapter, that I forgot about using . An auto parts store thing.

Thanks again , Ken