windguy

PROBLEMS GETTING INTO FORUM

Monday and Tuesday I was unable to get into the Forum.

The banner looked different and there was no content.

I could log in though but that's it.

Today I toggled on the CHANGE THEME option and changed it from Board 4.0 Style used on my desktop to the Mobile option, and then I could see the Forum topics, hence I can make this post. That's the only way I could get in.

I got a few email messages from new posts on threads I subscribe to so I can see that others were getting into the Forum.

Anyone else seeing any problems like this?

Thanks

Edited by windguy

just noticed there was a post by ROBERTLANE below mine and there was a Forum update on Monday, so perhaps that's part of the problem.

I corrected my original post "Monday and Tuesday I was unable to get into the Forum."

Wed AM same problem. Can only get through on the mobile version using my desktop.

It's now working but the amount of ads is absurd. I have to scroll down on a full hd screen to see the forum title.

I made a change - please see if it works now and let us know....

thanks for responding to this.

WORKS NOW - Seems to be working the same as before the update was made. no issues found.

thanks!

It's now working but the amount of ads is absurd. I have to scroll down on a full hd screen to see the forum title.

I don't see any ads at all, while either logged in or not.

I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and have Adblock Plus added, which works great for minimizing pop up ads.

I usually do as well but have kept it disabled for community forums for their income.

We don't really use and forum ad blocker - or software that blocks and ad blocker.

At any rate, this seems to have solved the problem :)