Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 TC Ordering Guide

There doesn't appear to be too many changes for the 2016 model year so pretty much the same as 2014 and 2015.

See the first page for "New for 2016 MY"

I like this addition as a safety feature "Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross-traffic Alert is now available for XLT Wagon and Titanium Wagon". Too bad it's not offered on the cargo version too.

2016 Transit Connect Order Guide.pdf

• 5 months later...

Thanks for posting the link. 'm in the process of deciding on options and ordering a Titanium model and this is very helpful.

sounds good. let us know if you have any questions regarding options.

hopefully deliver times are faster for the 2016 production runs.

The Ford website doesn't show the 2016 for its online build option, still the 2015 but that should work.

As posted in another thread, consider using car buying services like Costco for establishing a baseline for pricing even if you want to negotiate your own deal outside of that. Pricing via Costco was at dealer invoice or $100 below. Also compare pricing for options on sites like Edmunds. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Ford now has the 2016 Model info on their site. Check it out.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/transitconnect/

One thing that stuck out in the gas mileage specs - went down a point for the 2.5L engine. wonder why that happened?

VAN WAGON

WAS 21/29 - 24 combined 20/28 - 23 combined

NOW 20/28 - 23 combined 19/27 - 22 combined

I also ran my cargo van config through to see if the options and pricing changed.

Noticed the paint color - Black is missing. Only shows: frozen white, dark blue, race red and silver

Keypad option is back as an orderable item now along with a few other accessories

Pricing wise, the base price went up $345 but the options stayed the same.

Edited by windguy

Back in July when I was looking at ordering a 2016, I noticed that one of the changes was that all engines would now be Flex Fuel able to handle E85. I'm guessing that the changes made to accomplish that may have something to do with the reduced mileage ratings. I'm surprised because when I saw the extra Flex Fuel tech I assumed it would also mean better fuel ratings. Now I don't feel I missed out by going with the older tech if it means better gas mileage. I never would have used the E85 anyway due to it's shortcomings, but it's good to know I didn't also give up extra fuel efficiency overall.

Back in July when I was looking at ordering a 2016, I noticed that one of the changes was that all engines would now be Flex Fuel able to handle E85. I'm guessing that the changes made to accomplish that may have something to do with the reduced mileage ratings. I'm surprised because when I saw the extra Flex Fuel tech I assumed it would also mean better fuel ratings. Now I don't feel I missed out by going with the older tech if it means better gas mileage. I never would have used the E85 anyway due to it's shortcomings, but it's good to know I didn't also give up extra fuel efficiency overall.

you might be on to something. it's not a big difference so hopefully 2016 vans will be getting good gas mileage.

• 2 months later...

That article is about the full size Transit van, not the smaller Transit Connect. You can see the size difference in the photo of both versions in white under the Body Styles And Roof Heights section. The name confusion between Transit and Transit Connect is one of the things that makes it hard to find stories, parts, etc. for the Transit Connect. I often get started on something that looks interesting at first glance and then it turns out it's for the Transit instead of the Transit Connect that I own.

Two different Trucks for two Different Purposes.

The Production Vehicles are probably heavier than the test vehicles and the real TC's spend more time at Burger King that expected .

As for the Flex fuel. The major differences are more rust free parts to deal with the Alcohol and possibly larger injectors , A sensor that tells the computer the percentage of alcohol in the fuel to signal the emissions program .

E-85 has less heat per gallon Edmund's did a test and the result was a 26% Reduction in mileage . There have to be some other compelling reason to switch to E-85.

Plus the environmental improvement is marginal at best

So the Gen 2 TC is a Piglet cool

With the pointy nose,

strong slope on the windshield,

straight roof on the cargo area behind,

and flat chop off at the rear...

it's always reminded me of the Space Shuttle without wings.

post-5019-0-65492700-1455852205_thumb.jp

Edited by DonShockley