Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Transit Connect fuel pump recall

As per Automotive News this morning........Another recall relates to a potential for fuel-pump seizures on 50,157 cars: the 2014 Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect and the 2014-15 Fiesta. An issue with the nickel plating on the fuel pump could prevent the vehicles from starting or make them stall while driving, Ford said. The company said it knows of one accident that may be related, but no injuries.

As per Autoblog........Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 50,000 2014 Ford Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect vehicles and 2014-15 Ford Fiesta vehicles in North America (actual 50,157) for an issue with the nickel plating on the fuel pump, which may cause it to seize. If the fuel pump seizes, a vehicle may not start or may stall while driving. An engine stall without warning while driving increases the risk of a crash.

Ford is aware of one allegation of an accident that may be related to this condition.

Affected vehicles include certain Ford Focus vehicles built October 26, 2013 – May 22, 2014 at Michigan Assembly Plant; certain Ford Edge vehicles built April 30, 2014 to May 21, 2014 at Oakville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Escape vehicles built Feb. 14, 2014 to March 7, 2014 at Louisville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Transit Connect vehicles built Nov. 11, 2013 to Aug. 29, 2014 at Valencia Assembly Plant; and certain Ford Fiesta vehicles built April 10, 2014 to June 17, 2014 at Cuautitlán Assembly Plant.

There are 45,505 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories, 4,618 in Canada and 34 in Mexico.

Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module at no cost to the customer.

Edited by 103west43rd

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to post a follow up on this and maybe see if anyone else has had the same experience.

In December I went in to the dealership for an oil change. Asked them about the status of this recall. I was told that it was still pending since the parts weren't available and they hadn't started offering preventive fixes on it yet.

That same day I received a postcard in the mail from Ford saying that I needed to schedule a time to have the pump replaced because they were now available. That postcard was dated in November, but had been delayed because I recently moved.

This week I received another postcard, so I called the dealership and asked again. This time I was told that I would need to bring it in for them to inspect the related parts before they ordered them.

I dropped it off this morning. Never heard anything back. So I called just a few minutes ago and was told they were just finishing up. I asked them what had taken so long and I was told they had to replace the pump.

So I've been told it wasn't ready and it was and then I was told it wasn't going to be fixed and now it is.

Well that ends up being a good thing. Good for you that the pump they replaced lasted long enough and did not leave you on the side of the road.

I think that one of the Car dealer seminars that all car company's have is Mumbling 101.