Ford Transit Connect Forum

Setting the Date? It's stays 2009!

A fellow reader to these forums helped me out big time by selling me his stock T/C CD Radio (the one that came in mine was only AM-FM Radio)

Now it says 08/12/2009 on the date. And yesterday it was 08/11 so it is switching days. I went thru the process of resetting the time, and the date..and it flips right back to that August date when I go to save the current date.

Is there a goofy Transit-esque trick to this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closed Circuit to Roger: I was out of the country last month. I have had my office guy send you back your removal keys. If we are too late with this, let me know and I will pay for ytou having to replace them

• 9 months later...

A fellow reader to these forums helped me out big time by selling me his stock T/C CD Radio (the one that came in mine was only AM-FM Radio)

Now it says 08/12/2009 on the date. And yesterday it was 08/11 so it is switching days. I went thru the process of resetting the time, and the date..and it flips right back to that August date when I go to save the current date.

Is there a goofy Transit-esque trick to this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closed Circuit to Roger: I was out of the country last month. I have had my office guy send you back your removal keys. If we are too late with this, let me know and I will pay for ytou having to replace them

Did you ever solve your date issue? I have the same problem with my radio.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever solve your date issue? I have the same problem with my radio.

I spent more than a few hours looking for this solution on the internet. I found the same issue on the UK Transit connect site, but no solution. The fix is very easy. Ask your Ford dealer! There is a TSB that solves the issue. Your Ford dealer "flashes" the radio, through the OBD connector, with a programing re-fresh. All fixed! This forum may now have the only answer to the date issue on the internet! I hope it helps others.