Ford Transit Connect Forum

Powerpoint recall

Yesterday, I got a letter from Ford stating that if my Transit Van didn't have a powerpoint installed in the rear, they would install if for free. I wonder if they will remove and reinstall the racks and tool boxes for free also?

Edited by bikinchris

• 3 weeks later...

I got the recall but mine has one in the right rear wheel well cover............

also got a recall for seat belts not bolted in right and a courtesy recall for the floor tiedowns not secured properly , none of which apply to my van

On the Van, there was also a recall on the door panels. The windows on the van have a panel covering them and Ford says the glue is not right. I have decals with my company logo on the panels. If they damage my decals, I will be very ticked off.

Yes, that is because all Transit Connects are shipped with windows so that they can classify them as an import vehicle. Commercial vehicles are taxed extra at port entry.

I am not sure how many windows they are shipped with, though. Sliding doors, quarter panels, and rear doors? Or just some? I am not sure what the "minimum" amount of glass is to make it a passenger vehicle and not a commercial vehicle.

They are also shipped from overseas with the rear seats, which are later stripped out at the same time when they remove the glass.

My van is a 2014.

The 2014 Transit Connect van version apparently was supposed to be built with a socket in the right rear that allows you to connect cigarette lighter plugs for power.

my 2015 cargo van has a 12VDC socket in the right rear. strange that yours doesn't.

I also took a peek at the wiring going to it by opening the rear access cover.

I have ideas of using this as a 12V source for perhaps installing a rear light.

Edited by windguy

• 2 weeks later...