Ford Transit Connect Forum

WHEN?!

• 3 months later...

I sat down with the commercial vehicle sales manager at my local ford dealer and he was all set to let me order a 16 xlt long wheel base transit connect with an early September delivery date. I was interested in the two new 2016 add ons also, which he had order codes for. The only problem with ordering now he told me, is that he couldn't guarantee any of the current 2015 ford rebates. Like a 1500 ford transit connect discount, a military/recent school grad rebates. I can wait.

I sat down with the commercial vehicle sales manager at my local ford dealer and he was all set to let me order a 16 xlt long wheel base transit connect with an early September delivery date. I was interested in the two new 2016 add ons also, which he had order codes for. The only problem with ordering now he told me, is that he couldn't guarantee any of the current 2015 ford rebates. Like a 1500 ford transit connect discount, a military/recent school grad rebates. I can wait.

the incentives from Ford are only valid when you get delivery of a special order. what's offered today is irrelevant unless you buy a van off the lot. I had that same issue when I picked up my ordered van. There was only a $500 incentive available at the time (Jan 2015). I had an extra $750 promo coupon mailed to me from Ford but it had expired on 12/31/14, so it wasn't accepted. Hard to plan this with a special order. The 2015 model year vans had a start build date of September. Then it takes a few months after that to get delivery assuming you're at the top of the list. I ordered mine in July 2014 and got delivery 6 months later. If you want to special order, get on it ASAP. Good luck!

PS - there are several buying services available to help you get a good price. I used Costco's, which I'd highly recommend. There are others that are good as well.

Thanks for the info on your experience. Logically I should wait because I qualified for over 3k in current rebates. They also said it was a 9wk wait but also said they are now being fully built in the US so I wonder if there will be any delays due to the new location. Wow, six months, admire your tenacity. They told me no down payment was required for the special order also, so technically I could walk away from it if they didn't offer the same expected rebates when it arrives. Lots to think about but I am in no great rush.

I'll check out the costco route, thanks for that.

The full size Transits are built in the US. Same plant as the F-150 I believe.

The smaller Transit Connects are built in Valencia Spain. I haven't heard otherwise.

The Gen 1 TC's were built in Turkey. Gen 2 moved over to Spain.

Below is a link to a thread I started on my ordering experience, so that might help

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/2778-2015-van-ordering-experience/

I put down $500 as a deposit, which was refundable. My dealer didn't have any set price for that deposit.

and yes, I didn't have to accept the van when it came in, even on a special order.

but if you don't like the current rebates on delivery, the dealer isn't going to hold the van for you until new rebates come out. He's going to sell it to the next guy.

I wish there was a way to lock in rebates at the time of ordering or even during the time span between ordering to delivery. Not aware of how to do that.

The sticker price of the 2015 went up by $200 from the time I ordered until delivery and paying dealer invoice was still based off of that. Too much work involved to try to get that backed out for a small amount of money so I just went with the flow.

Good Luck!

Edited by windguy