Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fuel Filler Door / Sliding Door Stop

FYI… TC feature discovery. While at the gas station I had opened the fuel filler door to fuel my vehicle when someone asked to look at the interior of the TC. I attempted to open the right side sliding door and it stopped mid-track. I checked the upper track and found a stop that flips down when the fuel filler door is opened. It is positioned to protect the fuel filler door and fuel nozzle if inserted. If the sliding door is opened first and then the fuel door, the stop is spring loaded and is moved out of the way if the sliding door is closed while the fuel door is open. First thought the door track was damaged. There is no reference in the manual that I noticed to make one aware of this feature.

That's good to know. I'll have to check that out to see it in action.

OTOH, I've noticed a potential problem (easily avoidable if I'm careful) with the particular configuration of my model. I have the 255° doors and rear windows. I don't think the two options are supposed be together on the same vehicle, because there is the potential (despite all the bumpers and so forth to protect the doors from striking one another) to bash the rear wipers with (or into) the sliding side door.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On the subject of fuel doors, I'd sure like to find a non-locking latch....

Me, too!

I posted this elsewhere, so I hope cross-posting is ok.

We don't have self-service in Oregon and I don't like leaving my keychain on the door.

And if I lock it and remove it, the attendant will sometimes try to slam the stupid thing shut!

I park inside so have NO use for an idiot-proof gascap lock.

If you remove the circlip holding the latch, I think the door spring is too weak to hold the door shut tight.

And I have NO idea whether a locksmith can do anything with the cylinder to modify the mechanism that holds the key in place when turned.

Any ideas/suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Rather than begin a new topic, thought I would place my post here. On my new TC, I noticed after opening the fuel door, that the plastic that holds the latch assembly in the fuel door, was cracked in several places, where the nibs on the latch assembly press out. I was wondering if others have these cracks. Being new, could be a royal pain to get fixed and have things right in the end (matching paint, other things broken while fixing small problem, etc)

I agree, Peabody. I have not looked for cracks but the thing does appear to be rather fragile. I think if my latch ever brakes it will be goodbye fuel door!

Biggest complaint I have though is the filler being on the passenger side. It makes it hard to get into a line for a pump if the station is crowded because most cars have filler on the driver side.