• Custom Search

Please add your drain plug info to this. There is more to read about some of this topic @ " Oil '' however I can only speak to 2010-2013 TCs so I post here.... 2 liters use a M14 x 1.5 pitch engine oil drain plug. The factory stock plug is an iron non - magnetic needing a 13mm wrench for removal . The plug port faces the rear of van, not down. The alum pan has a slight recess @ drain port. The factory iron plug has a " face " dia of 28.5 mm & uses a rubber O-ring 23mm od with a 13mm id & is 2.6mm thick when new. I just did my first oil & filter change @ 1,369 miles as it was a quart low & I wanted the factory oil out. The oil capacity is listed as 4.5 qt. I read many reviews about magnetic drain plug brands & went with Mishimoto, having the best reviews. Their M14 x 1.5 magnetic needs a 24mm wrench for removal which some people do not like, but I prefer. It has a 24mm " face'' to the pan vs stock of 28.5 mm " face" to pan. ...This alum magnetic plug has a very tough built in O-ring & replaceable washer. Mishimoto part # MMOD-1415B or if you prefer, UPC 748354807608 @ both Amazon & eBay for about $ 16 .......Please add more choices... like the part numbers for the flip valve types that you have used on your TC ?

https://www.femco.com/standard-drain-set-sb-6910021-4-m14x15-t12-40cm-hose/

I had this one from another van i sold. it was the correct size. i do delivieries and run about 10k miles a month. i sure like the tool free oil drain. its cleaner too