Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Ford Transit Connect - Driver's Seat is Not Comfortable Possible to replace with after market?

Irony0001

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2014 TC LWB Driver' seat is not comfortable at all, is there any one who replaced or changed driver seat ?

I assume you have the XL package with the standard vinyl seats. Cloth seats are a $100 upgrade if ordering but I think it's still a 4-way seat.

Before ordering, I tried the vinyl 4-way seats in the XL and the 6-way cloth seat in the XLT and I much preferred the cloth seats in the XLT.

My wife thought they were both okay but she's a lot smaller and less picky than me.

So far I'm pretty happy with the cloth seats. They are slightly molded in the seat and back like a sport seat but has a bench seat feel in that you're sitting pretty upright compared to most sedans.

Something to consider if changing seats is that there is an air bag in the side of the seat back and the passenger seat has a sensor that disables the airbags when no one is sitting there. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I just drove 6,500 miles across the USA and back in my new 2015 Transit Connect SWB cargo van. There wasn't a minute driving where I wasn't uncomfortable or in pain and I couldn't find a position to get comfy. Is there any replacement seat or aftermarket seat or device you guys know of that might work? I stuffed a towel under me and behind me in every place I could, but nothing helped much. I've already cut holes in the roof and done other mods for conversion to a mini-camper, so trading it isn't a good option. Yet. 

On 3/4/2015 at 9:41 AM, windguy said:

I assume you have the XL package with the standard vinyl seats. Cloth seats are a $100 upgrade if ordering but I think it's still a 4-way seat.

Interesting.  My van is an "XL".  But it came with 6 way adjustable, cloth seats.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...