Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fuel mileage

Regor

I have a new T/C that i have run about 3 tanks full of gas so far and the fuel mileage has been 21.7 for all 3 tanks. Post what mileage you are getting. I drive a combination of approximately 75% city 25% highway.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a week in Kentucky, I live in Michigan With 400 pounds of people and about 1000 pounds of gear with the AC on i was getting a lil over 24.5 Mpg all highway! But i figure that is pritty good with so much weight and when in Kentucky you are driving up small mountains all day!

Just got a ScanGauge.

First run, before I started changing my driving patterns: City, 19 - 20, consistent with what I reported earlier for a full-tank average.

Today, test run, changing my driving patterns according to the MPG feedback: City, 25 - 27. Freeway, at 50 mph: 37 - 38. Translation: smart driving can save about $300 / year in gas costs for an average driver.

This with new vehicle, XLT wagon, @ 600 - 700 miles on it so far, still in break-in period, and with @ 200 lbs. of tools & gear in back.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We drove our Transit Connect to California and back in the fall, over 5,000 miles roundtrip. We averaged 28mpg and several tanks were at 30 mpg. Sadly, I was involved in an accident with it last month and the insurance company totaled it. I just took delivery today on a new one.

I agree with PBX. Gas mileage with the Transit seems to be particularly sensitive to highway speed. Perhaps this is due to the large frontal area. If I keep the sped under sixty I get 30 MPG or so. At 65 I get 28. At higher speeds it drops off to 26. Depending on traffic, it can be difficult to maintain lower speeds though.

• 1 month later...

I drive with a fairly heavy foot, I get about 23ish on a "normal" day, when it was -45 degrees, I was getting like 15mpg. I've noticed the TC doesn't enjoy my arctic climate, the doors open weird and it doesn't like to start when it's wicked freezing.

• 5 months later...

Got my first 28 mpg run between a couple 27 mpg tanks. Of late making a 100 mile one way trip daily. 66-70 mpg with hills. Letting it shift down on the cruise control.

The little bugger is doing well. About 600# of stuff in the back. Lots of passes, and heavy AC use late afternoons.

It may go out the window if my ladder rack ever arrives. :banghead:

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

Yew piple r makin me *crazy*!!! rant2.gif

We drove our Transit Connect to California and back in the fall, over 5,000 miles roundtrip. We averaged 28mpg and several tanks were at 30 mpg. Sadly, I was involved in an accident with it last month and the insurance company totaled it. I just took delivery today on a new one.

Got my first 28 mpg run between a couple 27 mpg tanks. Of late making a 100 mile one way trip daily. 66-70 mpg with hills. Letting it shift down on the cruise control.

The little bugger is doing well. About 600# of stuff in the back. Lots of passes, and heavy AC use late afternoons.

I' *straining* to improve my gas mileage and average ~24.3 - 24.6 with light loads (empty to 2 or 3 passengers) on metro Atlanta (Georgia) roads (hilly, mostly 40- to 55-mph. :banghead:

My ride is a 2010. with ~15k miles Is there something that we (poor suckers who only get 24 mpg or less) are missing out on -- like a refined computer?

In desperation, seeking your wisdom -- and thanks in advance.

-Lep-

Is Is there something that we (poor suckers who only get 24 mpg or less) are missing out on -- like a refined computer?

In desperation, seeking your wisdom -- and thanks in advance.

-Lep-

I'm sure you already know all the economy driving tips, so I won't repeat them. But I do think that speed, and acceleration (especially while climbing hills) are even more important factors with this vehicle than most others. My mileage has improved a lot since I've trained myself to keep my foot out of the gas pedal. I wish I had an easier answer for you, but I don't. Good luck!

I have a new T/C that i have run about 3 tanks full of gas so far and the fuel mileage has been 21.7 for all 3 tanks. Post what mileage you are getting. I drive a combination of approximately 75% city 25% highway.

2011 with 13000 miles. Ladder rack and a lot of tools/surveillance gear. 300-325 on a tank. Mostly highway, always 65-70. 250 on a tank if its windy driving 70 in 3rd gear. Damn North Dakota/Montana/South Dakota wind.

post-1581-0-72128100-1315453885_thumb.jp