Ford Transit Connect Forum

have any of you had problems with rocks breaking your windshield? I had to replace mine 1 month after I purchased my TC now the new windshield is broken! this will make 3 windshields in 4 months wow!

rocks love my tc wow!

are the roads that littred with rocks ?

or are you drafting trucks?

I've got 5 separate, now repaired cracks in mine. Pretty par for winter freeway driving around here in most my vehicles. The windshield in my Transit holds up far better to flying debris off of snow laden 18 wheelers than the windshield on my Scion xB which cant withstand any little hit.

I picked up one good chip which i had repaired right away. Almost 24,000 miles and a lot of freeway driving littered with debris. I think the angle of the window has helped a lot where small rocks kinda glance off rather than hit head on.

Edited by isellford

• 9 months later...

have any of you had problems with rocks breaking your windshield? I had to replace mine 1 month after I purchased my TC now the new windshield is broken! this will make 3 windshields in 4 months wow!

rocks love my tc wow!

Yep, I am getting ready for my 4th windshield in less than a year. These things are rock magnets!

20yrs of driving and I replace 2 windshields over all my vehicles which may be luck. However, 4 in a year is a little much I think. Must be a design issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The glass company that replaced my windshield, said that they have seen a lot of TC's needing replacement and consider it a high profile window. They were considering purchasing a TC for their mobile glass business, but have now decided against based on how many windshields need replacing. What is really a problem is that it can be hard to get windshield glass replacement insurance and most deductibles are too high to cover. I'm looking into finding an insurance company that has a separate rider for windshield replacement since this seems to be such an expensive issue for TC's.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...