Ford Transit Connect Forum

loud heater and a/c

The same is the case with the first-gen Transit Connects.

These vehicles do not have quiet interiors.

My 2011 XLT Premium is "allegedly" quieter because it has a full interior but you really cannot hear the radio when the heater fan is running higher than "2".

I am sure it would be pure agony if it could go to "Eleven".

They were built for wee white van men...

Sorry, that is all I have for today :)

Edited by Ackerdackerly

I think it has to do with the position of the blower motors.

There is one under the dash for the front of the "cabin" and then one under the drivers seat to push air through the rear vents. The front one isn't that loud, probably because it doesn't have much space to move air around.

However, the rear one (under the drivers seat, of course) is loud as hell. I have the independent controls in the rear and I can turn mine up and down and hear how loud that thing gets. I think it's a matter of position more than anything, but it's very annoying from the driving position.

• 3 years later...

We broke triple digits today.  My onboard readout said 95, in an underground garage.  This AC sucks.  But it still works.  Loud.  Cool air does not blow very hard even on level 4.  Cool air isn't even all that cool, compared to outside ambient temperature.  Eventually, the cabin was comfortable enough for me to turn the blower down to level 2.  Tinted windows really help.  But I can't help to think that better insulation would make all the difference.  

My pickup must be the last car made on earth that has manual roll up windows, manual locks opened with a key (not remote operated), bench seats, and no AC.  

The Econoline at work is much cooler, and the fans blow much harder.  But the only vents are on the dash.  The cockpit is nice and chilly, but the cargo space is hot & stuffy.  

My little Honda cools down fairly efficiently due to less interior cabin cubic footage.  But the older Honda air conditioning wasn't really that cool either.  Hard to compare, but the Transit Connect AC feels a little cooler than Honda AC from 20 years ago.  

I suppose I have no room to complain.  If I spent double the money, $50,000 cars have much better AC, ride quality, acceleration, entertainment, safety features, cabin insulation, et cetera.  When the rent is cheap, you expect a higher crime rate.

I posted negative comments about my 2017 T.C.'s A/C .... and the fact that the vents are angled badly.  I can't aim them to blow air where I want it.  I didn't mention that noise levels, as they are secondary to the vent inadequacy.  But now that you've brought it up ... it's annoying in my van, too.

• 8 months later...

Perhaps you had a rodent visitor during the evening.  I live n the outback and it has happened 3 times ($300 each time).  I bought some fox urine (Amazon) and that keeps them away if you repeat every 3-4 weeks.