Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 radio issue

Bret1197

I have a 2014 tc that has a radio issue. Upon shut down and restart no sound comes out of the radio. It lights up and is on just no sound. It only happens maybe 20% of the time and if I shut the truck down and restart it comes back on and is fine. Anyone else have this issue?

• 4 months later...

my air conditioner used to do similar.

turn on van would never blow cold after 15 20 minutes, pull over side of road , shut key off turn back on and presto cold air .

hasn't done it for awhile .

my rear window wipers are whats acting up now . turn on key and the swipe across the window even when shut off . they do it once or twice then it doesn't happen again usually

the rears will sometime also come on by themselves when using the front intermittant wipers , even though the rear switch is off .

my rear window wipers are whats acting up now . turn on key and the swipe across the window even when shut off . they do it once or twice then it doesn't happen again usually

the rears will sometime also come on by themselves when using the front intermittant wipers , even though the rear switch is off .

the day I picked up my new van it was raining and when I had the front wipers on and put the van in reverse the rear wiper did a single swipe, perhaps a safety issue. haven't gotten enough rain this winter to test again but perhaps what you're seeing is something similar.

Edited by windguy

• 5 months later...

My Radio doesn't come back on if I shut the vehicle down, then restart. It looks as if it's on, but I have to press it "Off" then press it "on" again, and it plays fine. My 2014 TC titanium is in the shop now, and they said they'd check......I'll report back if I hear anything helpful!

• 2 years later...

I am also having a strange radio problem some times while the radio is playing I get a popping noise then all speakers go dead if I stop and turn engine off then on radio comes back on happens at the strangest time also today when it happened the second time I had to reset the clock  and the day and date which idiot engineer added a day and date setting to the radio he needs a bitch slap 

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2018 at 7:22 PM, eddwal50 said:

I am also having a strange radio problem some times while the radio is playing I get a popping noise then all speakers go dead if I stop and turn engine off then on radio comes back on happens at the strangest time also today when it happened the second time I had to reset the clock  and the day and date which idiot engineer added a day and date setting to the radio he needs a bitch slap 

I have this same problem on my 2014. It sounds like arcing and sparking.

I've had the fuse out ever since.

thanks

pkpaul

• 2 months later...

I have a 2014 TC with the same radio problem. The speakers make a static scratching noise, then the they "pop" and the radio shuts off. Has anyone found anymore information on this problem or found a fix? Very annoying. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Actually, I realized today that I ordered the wrong part.  I just order the control panel (volume control, menu button, etc).  The amplifier I'm learning is part of the CD player box.  I've unplugged that, and everything went quiet.  Called the dealer, and they say they have a new one coming for me for $255+tax.  The found the part by looking up the part number on my old player.  But, they needed my vin to order it--I wonder if it will be programmed and ready to plug and play.  Also, they need my old one as a core.