Ford Transit Connect Forum

any ideas

• 4 years later...

Mystery solved !!! I found the part after my first dealer oil change & right after they replaced the recalled headliner pins. When I asked the dealer where it goes they were clueless. Thanks

Wow it just took me 30 minutes to find my container of spare TC parts. I glued the rubber piece to the rear striker plate. It is just an interior cover. It serves no mechanical function.

Edited by jimCognito

• 5 months later...

It does serve a purpose...keeps that left rear cargo door striker plate from striking the exterior paint of the right rear cargo door, should an accident happen.

Mine popped off at only 4K and I was perplexed for a bit too. I drilled through the piece and the plate, and attached it with a small oval head bolt and nut. I realized it's function when the head of the bolt lightly hit the right door when I had both semi-closed ...eventually I will replace the bolt with a type having a plastic head, perhaps like a chair-leveling bolt.