Ford Transit Connect Forum

Keyless Entry Keypad

Has anyone installed one on their TC or has one factory installed?

I saw some videos on youtube and it seems pretty easy to program and stick on the van with double sided tape.

The keypad is no longer an orderable option for 2015 so you need to buy it as a spare part, which is only $85 or less (same price if ordered on a 2014).

http://accessories.ford.com/actuator-asy.html

Part Number: ES7Z-14A626-A is compatibility for TC - 2013, 2014, 2015 and not compatible for vehicles with push button Part number: 7L2Z-14A626-BA for TC - 2010 - 2014. Not sure of the difference.

Edited by windguy

• 2 weeks later...

Someone showed me their 2013 Ford Escape yesterday, which has the keypad integrated into the frame of the door along the pillar as shown in the video link below. Well hidden and a really nice feature. Too bad the TC doesn't offer that.

Moderator - can you move this thread over to the Alarms, Keyless Entry, Key Fobs & Remote Start?

Sorry I didn't start this thread there, where it seems like a better fit. Thanks

Edited by windguy

No problem windguy, done. Nice posts. I am sure we will read even more when you finally get your 2015!!

thanks for doing that.

yeah, I'll be posting away with lots of pics when I get the van. until then, back to the waiting game :waiting:

Edited by windguy

• 2 months later...

I bought a keypad from Ford parts and the instructions only tell you how to set a personal entry code, not how to marry the keypad to the TC. After some discovery, I was able to put the TC into programming mode using the instructions in the youtube video attached. The only difference from the video is that the door won't unlock to let you know you're in programming mode, you will hear a chime twice instead.

You need to turn the key to the run or II position (second click, one before the van starting) 8 times. My problem at first was that I wasn't doing this fast enough. You need to do this quickly, within 10 seconds. Once you do, you'll hear two chimes, which means you're in programming mode. Then you have to quickly hit both the 7/8 and 9/0 keys on the pad at the same time to enable it. You will again here two chimes.

After enabling only the keypad I found out that my FOB no longer worked. I realized that when you're in programming mode, you have to enable all remotes at once, FOBs and Keypad. This is mentioned in the video but I wasn't paying attention to that part, just wanted to first get it into programming mode. I had gotten two extra FOBs as a factory option, so I needed to push a button on those and the two that came with the van. I guess when you're in programming mode, the van creates a new programming code so all remotes have to be set again.

The keypad is pretty slick so I'm glad it's working now. Next step is to find a spot to mount it. Will post a pic when I do.

Edited by windguy

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

does anyone know how thick the keypad is? I am thinking of installing it behind the small black triangular plastic piece just forward of the driver's mirror. easy to remove but not a whole lot of space back there.

I checked the measurements of my installed keypad and came up with the approximate numbers below:

width - 4"

height - 1 3/8"

depth - 1/2"

I looked at the location you describe. I think that would work size wise. As long as the surface is rigid, not too much bounce when you press on it, you'll be okay. Where I mounted it on the back door has a little bounce, but not too bad. I love having the keypad access. It took me a little while to get used to entering the code with the right touch to get it to recognize, and open. Once you have that learned, it opens almost always on the first try. It wasn't that way in the beginning. Very inexpensive upgrade.

Edited by windguy

• 6 months later...

I've installed a few of these in the past and its pretty easy if your fast enough with the key and know the sequence. So I bought one for my new TC and started looking for the programming sequence.Looked on the owners manual which turned out to be for a full size Transit. Back to the dealer to switch out the manual. Nothing in the manual. Go to the service department and ask. "We don't install them here we have a company come in and do them. Sales guy gives me the number for the company. Call and talk with the accessory sales guy who tells me that you need a special programmer since they are now bidirectional devices.

Came here read this thread and did it in two minutes. Thank you

Edited by dbcooper

I've installed a few of these in the past and its pretty easy if your fast enough with the key and know the sequence. So I bought one for my new TC and started looking for the programming sequence.Looked on the owners manual which turned out to be for a full size Transit. Back to the dealer to switch out the manual. Nothing in the manual. Go to the service department and ask. "We don't install them here we have a company come in and do them. Sales guy gives me the number for the company. Call and talk with the accessory sales guy who tells me that you need a special programmer since they are now bidirectional devices.

Came here read this thread and did it in two minutes. Thank you

glad it worked out.

that's what this forum is all about, TC bros helping bros

• 3 months later...

I made the mistake of attaching the keypad to my tailgate before programming it. I followed the instructions with the video and with people's comments in this thread and I have been unable to get it to program. I seem to be able to enter programming mode as verified by the two chimes and can get the key fobs to chime as well.

I should note that the TC was optioned with the 2 extra keys, but I only got 2 from the used car dealer.

It's a 2014 and I bought the ES7Z-14A626-A part.

Any advice?

I had my GF helping to push the button without opening the door to get out to the hatch...

I was also successful programming one key from outside the van at the hatch.

Also, I enter programming mode only by turning the key 8 times and finishing in the off position after the 8th. It is then that I get the chimes.

Edited by kookmyers

Just bought one tonight. Was pretty excited until I read the directions and saw that the battery is not replaceable. It said to replace the whole unit. Seriously?

before I got my keypad, I recall seeing some videos on youtube that discuss how to replace the battery.

probably not a sanctioned thing by Ford but doable.

I made the mistake of attaching the keypad to my tailgate before programming it. I followed the instructions with the video and with people's comments in this thread and I have been unable to get it to program. I seem to be able to enter programming mode as verified by the two chimes and can get the key fobs to chime as well.

I should note that the TC was optioned with the 2 extra keys, but I only got 2 from the used car dealer.

It's a 2014 and I bought the ES7Z-14A626-A part.

Any advice?

I had my GF helping to push the button without opening the door to get out to the hatch...

I was also successful programming one key from outside the van at the hatch.

Also, I enter programming mode only by turning the key 8 times and finishing in the off position after the 8th. It is then that I get the chimes.

so where do you stand now on getting the keypad and fobs reprogrammed?

you have the keypad and two fobs, correct?

sounds like you've made some progress from your original post.

owing a favor to your GF might be more expensive than just getting another keypad :drool:

so where do you stand now on getting the keypad and fobs reprogrammed?

you have the keypad and two fobs, correct?

Yes, I have two fobs and the keypad.

Where do I stand? I am relying on you guys to solve this! I've done all I can think of. I have also reached out to the dealer. I just bought the van, wait, "wagon" on Friday and I am hoping they will help out.

Yes, I have two fobs and the keypad.

Where do I stand? I am relying on you guys to solve this! I've done all I can think of. I have also reached out to the dealer. I just bought the van, wait, "wagon" on Friday and I am hoping they will help out.

sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking for help with.

is the keypad working now?

are the two key fobs both synced as well after you programmed the keypad? they all have to be done at the same time.

Edited by windguy

First, let me say I appreciate the attempt to help. Thank you!

The keypad is not working and I have given up since I think I have tried all I can.

I can get into programming mode. I have been able to take my two working fobs and make it so just one of them works, and then performing the process again and getting both to work.

Other than the lights on the keypad, i have no indication that it is sending a signal. I have only tried pushing the last 2 buttons on the keypad to send a "lock all" signal without entering the access code.

I really hope the dealer can help me. Otherwise my keypad will be up for sale here!

@kookmeyers - I saw your last post from Wed AM via email but it's not showing up here probably due to this forum upgrade going on.

Glad you are willing to give the keypad another try. Keep us posted and we'll help you sort it out and get it working.