Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Transit Connect LT LWB - Transmission shifting issue? Any One ?

Irony0001

How many miles. I noticed that the downshift from first to second was a little jerky for the first couple hundred miles.

Now that I'm over 2000, I don't notice. That may just because I've gotten used to it, but I don't think so. I'm pretty hyper sensitive about stuff like that.

If it carries on much longer, take it to your stealership and have them take a look. Make sure they document that you came in there and reported an issue, just in case it ever comes up for warranty work.

What I notice is let's say you are accelarate from a stand still and you keep pressing the gas pedal than you lift your foot of from it so the car slowing down than you starting to press the gas again and the transmission gets a little confused I guess and you fill a kick like its shift back or like when you drive a manual and let the clutch out . While it should just stay in the previous gear.

It is a little difficult to explain. If you felt it you know what I'm talking about.

Also I would prefer it to shift to 6th sooner I think its holds the 5th too long on the highway for no reason in my opinion . in order to shift sooner I need to rew it higher.

That kick thing occurs mostly when you pause accelerating in lower gears maybe 2-3 and than you step on the gas again

How many miles. I noticed that the downshift from first to second was a little jerky for the first couple hundred miles.

Now that I'm over 2000, I don't notice. That may just because I've gotten used to it, but I don't think so. I'm pretty hyper sensitive about stuff like that.

If it carries on much longer, take it to your stealership and have them take a look. Make sure they document that you came in there and reported an issue, just in case it ever comes up for warranty work.

You ment downshift from 2-1?

I have a month old 14 TC LWB LT 2,5 Engine, my transmission jerks between 1st to 2nd shift. and sometime hit hard 2nd to 1st gear,

is there any one having issue with shifting of trans ?

Thanks

Now I'm reading your post again I think we are experiencing the same thing and I think it can be improved or eliminated by the way you drive i think it is the characteristic of this transmission.

It is weird because when I drive slow and I'm braking than I am about to step on the gas again I know it is gonna like (kick) happen by watching the revs of the engine.

Thanks everyone. My car is 35 days old and it has 4700 miles on it. My transmission issue getting more noticeable now on. I will make an appointment to see service technician to discuss. After i will post here what happened. And what they will do. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. My car is 35 days old and it has 4700 miles on it. My transmission issue getting more noticeable now on. I will make an appointment to see service technician to discuss. After i will post here what happened. And what they will do. Thanks again.

Keep us posted on what the dealership says.

You ment downshift from 2-1?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.

Wow! That's a ton of miles.

OK it may be reliable enough, but when I feel shifting issues, the first thing I do is check my Fluid,

That being said, now I have to take this to the dealer and have them look at it.

New Van with down time sucks!!

Did you ever take this in to have Ford look at it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a month old 14 TC LWB LT 2,5 Engine, my transmission jerks between 1st to 2nd shift. and sometime hit hard 2nd to 1st gear,

is there any one having issue with shifting of trans ?

Thanks

Hey ironman did you get your transmission fixed I hope it was not anything serious would be nice to hear your story.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has always been jerky....even seemed to slip a little from 1st to 2nd. Bought mine in June and have 22k miles and have gotten used to it. Just think it's a hard shifting trans. My personal vehicle has a cvt trans which you don't feel at all. That being said it's something to be aware of and if anything changes or gets worse I'll take it in.

OK it may be reliable enough, but when I feel shifting issues, the first thing I do is check my Fluid

I just asked the dealer when would be the good time to replace the transmission fluid in my Toyota

"Never"

"WHAT???"

"No need to, it's for life"

Oh, come on.

Hi All,

First post and I actually joined the forum just to discuss this topic. Traded my full size GMC for a 2014 TC LWB 2.5l in March. I was experiencing similar 2-1 downshift issues as well as intermittent, very hard 6-5 downshifts. In addition, my trans is leaking from the LH driveshaft. I will be posting all of my info in dealing with Ford on this in the next week or two. For now, a quick run down of maintenance performed to date:

1. Five different LH driveshaft seals.

2. Three different LH bushings in the first transmission (including updated part).

3. Updated LH driveshaft with improved surface finish.

4. Full transmission rebuild with replacement of servo that controls 6-5 and 2-1 circuit.

5. Brand new transmission.

6. 59 total days in service since purchase.

None of these steps remedied the downshifting issues or the leak. Ford has also appeared less than concerned with the overall issue or the amount of time I was left without a van (they would only provide a rental car, no van). Searches will reveal that similar issues have plagued the other transmissions in the same family as the 6F35. So buyer beware if you are looking for a vehicle that you rely upon for your livelihood.

Hi All,

First post and I actually joined the forum just to discuss this topic. Traded my full size GMC for a 2014 TC LWB 2.5l in March. I was experiencing similar 2-1 downshift issues as well as intermittent, very hard 6-5 downshifts. In addition, my trans is leaking from the LH driveshaft. I will be posting all of my info in dealing with Ford on this in the next week or two. For now, a quick run down of maintenance performed to date:

1. Five different LH driveshaft seals.

2. Three different LH bushings in the first transmission (including updated part).

3. Updated LH driveshaft with improved surface finish.

4. Full transmission rebuild with replacement of servo that controls 6-5 and 2-1 circuit.

5. Brand new transmission.

6. 59 total days in service since purchase.

None of these steps remedied the downshifting issues or the leak. Ford has also appeared less than concerned with the overall issue or the amount of time I was left without a van (they would only provide a rental car, no van). Searches will reveal that similar issues have plagued the other transmissions in the same family as the 6F35. So buyer beware if you are looking for a vehicle that you rely upon for your livelihood.

how many miles do you have on your van did you do your oil change your self if so did you notice any oil leak while you were doing the oil change from the transmission?

thanks

welcome to the forum. thanks for sharing your story.

sorry to hear about your transmission problems. sounds like a real nightmare.

I read through some of the posts regarding the 6F35 transmission. that's depressing.

Strange that a lot of these problems were back in 2010. You would think that by 2014 the issues would be corrected.

wonder what the overall failure rate is for all vehicles that have this transmission.

the part that worries me is that you have to wait 6 months to get an ordered van so even if you run into problems, getting a replacement isn't a simple solution. I guess you have to accept that when getting into a TC.

hope you can get this sorted out.

please keep us posted

welcome to the forum. thanks for sharing your story.

sorry to hear about your transmission problems. sounds like a real nightmare.

I read through some of the posts regarding the 6F35 transmission. that's depressing.

Strange that a lot of these problems were back in 2010. You would think that by 2014 the issues would be corrected.

wonder what the overall failure rate is for all vehicles that have this transmission.

the part that worries me is that you have to wait 6 months to get an ordered van so even if you run into problems, getting a replacement isn't a simple solution. I guess you have to accept that when getting into a TC.

hope you can get this sorted out.

please keep us posted

yes im with you im not happy to hear this issue there was a other guy who also had issues he never reported back dont know what happened to him .

what gets me upset is ford dont give you a van for your van i mean cmon i use this van for work carrying heave machines i cant fit that in a regular car thats a really $%#& up!!

Have had my tc since June....has 23k miles...noticed the shaft leak too while doing an oil change...cleaned it off...next oil change leak seams to be lessening or may be gone...hard shifting trans no doubt...t just assume this is "normal " for this vehicle...but now will have to keep a closer eye on it....wonder if they just overfilled the trans at the factory and that is causing the leak.

Have had my tc since June....has 23k miles...noticed the shaft leak too while doing an oil change...cleaned it off...next oil change leak seams to be lessening or may be gone...hard shifting trans no doubt...t just assume this is "normal " for this vehicle...but now will have to keep a closer eye on it....wonder if they just overfilled the trans at the factory and that is causing the leak.