Ford Transit Connect Forum

Are the back seats removealbe?

rnt80

I just registered and have poked around for a few minutes without any success in finding an answer to what is probably a stupid question. The gentleman I spoke to at one of the dealerships said the seats are removeable but he didn't sound too confident.

I just registered and have poked around for a few minutes without any success in finding an answer to what is probably a stupid question. The gentleman I spoke to at one of the dealerships said the seats are removeable but he didn't sound too confident.

yes but you have to unbolt them

You will need a torx wrench. If you go to the older postings there is some information. I think it is on page two. I am going to see if my dealership will remove mine while it is in for it's first maintenance. We don't have the wrench and it may be cheaper to have it done at the dealership than buying the wrench.

Torx head wrenches are certainly not expensive. I bought a small set for much less than $10. It should be mentioned that all the bolts are accessed from the passenger compartment with no need to crawl under the van.

rnt80,

I've taken my seats out a couple times already. Ford doesn't seem to advertise that as a feature, but it's fairly easy. You need a #50 Torx wrench or ratchet bit. The twin seat has four bolts and the single seat has two bolts. Don't bother with the small screws that you will see--they only hold the plastic coverings onto the metal base and don't go all the way through. The twin seat is quite heavy, however, so be warned. I'd say it weighs about twice that of a Jeep Wrangler jump seat.

ETA: Willie touched on something I should have mentioned because it might not be all that obvious--simply fold the seats all the way up, and the bolts will be visible in the base plates.

Edited by bikehauler

• 4 months later...