Ford Transit Connect Forum

2015 TC - Transit time

carlb28

So I ordered my van shortly after the cutoff date for the 2014's and my 2015 was started on the 18th of Sep. I called the fleet information line with my VIN for a status, and they punted me to commercial customer service. It has been built and is currently in Transit since the 24th. Any idea what the transit time might be for the south east?

We ordered it because no one had a Titanium with the color and options we wanted. Seems that the overhead bin was not included in any Titaniums, and the dark blue was even more rare.

Any help would be appreciated. I can post the VIN if there is anyone who can do a proper lookup.

Thanks,

Carl B

great to hear you've got a van on order.

I was told by my dealer that my van will be built this month and I'll see it at the end of the year, so that's two months after build.

you can try this website for tracking but I'm not sure it's very accurate http://www.cotus.ford.com/

your dealer should have the best tools for tracking the van but he won't know for sure either.

since yours is a passenger model then it won't have to go through any of the supposed mods after going through customs.

good luck!

curious - since you already have a flex, why get a passenger van?

Edited by windguy

The answer is two fold, we bought the flex for the seating and towing capacity(we no longer have the ~4000lb popup trailer), and we want something lighter that we can easily tow behind our class C RV. The weight of an empty flex is too close to the 5000 lb towing capacity and the fuel economy is truck like, so getting something with better mileage will help reduce our operating costs.

We did go with a Titanium, with most of the options except the ginormous sunroof. I live too far south to enjoy a sunroof. In Florida, that would cause it to be even hotter inside.

My dealer has proven inept thus far in most things related to this. Info here led me to the understanding that I would really be getting a 2015. They were painfully ignorant of the info around this vehicle and were confusing this with its big brother when they talked about them. My sales guy is an older gentleman and this whole internet thing is a strange new beast for him.

Thanks,

Carl B

thanks Carl.

it will be interesting to see how you like the TC vs the Flex. I think the TC is a bit shorter than the Flex, but slightly taller.

will be great to see a pic of your TC being towed by a motorhome.

Sound like you went with some nice options. I would agree on the big sunroof. your head would bake and cause permanent brain damage

Sorry to hear about your dealer. I think that's the norm, unfortunately. My sales guy seems to be okay, he's a fleet sales director.

If you go on Ford's TC Facebook page you can PM one of the Ford service persons that are active on it and they will check the status of your van.

https://www.facebook.com/FordTransitConnectWagon

one poster wrote "we waited 3 months from the time ours was built in Spain until it arrived at our dealer."

• 2 weeks later...

So I am now able to get a window sticker. can someone help decipher the tealeaves/codes on this thing?

TOP Left
4-000782 fl 0-NORMAL,NB,300782,EK133 12163
BOTTOM under the Special order box
EK133 N RB42X 515 000782 10 13 14

Thanks,

CarlB

only bit that i can make out is the last sequence of numbers "10 13 14"

to me that means it was built oct 13, 2014.

now comes the wait.

So I am now able to get a window sticker. can someone help decipher the tealeaves/codes on this thing?

TOP Left
4-000782 fl 0-NORMAL,NB,300782,EK133 12163
BOTTOM under the Special order box
EK133 N RB42X 515 000782 10 13 14

Thanks,

CarlB

• 2 weeks later...