Ford Transit Connect Forum

Drivers arm rest collapses under weight very annoying. What's the fix?

cjkersh

The arm rest in my 2010 Ford Transit Connect collapses under weight which can be very distracting and annoying. Manufacture date 05/09

I've not had it off yet but did find where some helpful owners on here posted how to do that.

Anyone on here been into this problem yet and know what the solution is?

Thank you

John

The arm rest in my 2010 Ford Transit Connect collapses under weight which can be very distracting and annoying. Manufacture date 05/09

I've not had it off yet but did find where some helpful owners on here posted how to do that.

Anyone on here been into this problem yet and know what the solution is?

Thank you

John

I'm guessing here but maybe the pivot screw is loose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone else having the same problem? Mine just rides all the way down. It doesn't seem that the ratchet mechanism is serviceable. From looking at it, it seems sealed. What have other people done to remedy their situation?

I would guess some people are 'resting' more than just their arm on it

If it was mine, rather than paying a ridiculous price for a new one from Ford which would likely suffer the same fate, I would look to buy an aftermarket armrest and install that in it's place.  There are literally hundreds of them on the market, so you'd need to find one the correct size for the fitment and install that.  When you find something that works and fits well, post it here and it will surely help others with the same problem

Don 

I think they're referring to the Gen 1 armrest between the front seats

My 2014 came with two  -  One between the front seats and a second one which folds up or down in the middle of the back seat  -  Down if you only need to carry two passengers and up if you're carrying three

Don