Ford Transit Connect Forum

2012 Cruise Control not working

Ok postoak213, here is the next idea. The cruise control will send DTC's (trouble codes) if it is not working. You can display the codes on the LCD display on your dash. Here is the post where I explained how to retrieve information and display it on the LCD display, http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/636-fuel-mileage-display/#entry4606 , position 9 holds the DTC's. P0579, P0581, P1572, and P1703 are the four DTC's for the cruise control. If any of those codes show up, Google them for a description of what is wrong. Good Luck!

Edited by 103west43rd

• 2 years later...

Ok. Had another issue come up with one of my 2012 TC's. Started getting a #4 coil DTC code, check engine light illuminated, and a very hard jerking when running. Replaced the #4 coil pack and problem continued. Just replaced the PCM and this solved my coil problems. BUt now my cruise control does not work at all. I have checked all the fuses, and not DTC codes are presented. I have a call in to the company that sold me the PCM as my Chilton manual lists the PCM as the next diagnostic step. We shall see what they say when they call back. 

1 hour ago, mrtn said:

Do the brake lights work?

I meant to mention that as well. Brake lights all work, and the horn blows.  The company said to send them the PCM back since it is under warranty. They may have forgotten to program it for cruise control. That goes out first thing tomorrow and should be back by Monday if all goes well.