Ford Transit Connect Forum

Rear Door Storage Pockets

Finally got my Rear Door Storage Pockets and got them installed. They were purchased from Trevor Porter <trevor@fordpartsuk.com>.

The part numbers you will need are:

RH Door Pocket 1526163

LH Door Pocket 1526958

Fasteners (20 req) 6678518

Parts prices are very reasonable but shipping will be more than the cost of the parts.

Now for the obligatory "BEFORE" photo

TCSP01.jpg

One of the panels you will be removing. They are held in by the round plastic push -in fasteners.

TCSP02.jpg

The new inserts you will be installing

TCSP03.jpg

Tools to remove the old panels - a stiff putty knife and an auto motive fastener remover. The auto trim remover isn't absolutely necessary but since I had it I used it. It did allow me to get the fasteners out without damaging them so they could be reused.

TCSP04.jpg

With the stock panel removed

TCSP05.jpg

With the new pocket installed.

TCSP06.jpg

And the obligatory "AFTER" picture

TCSP07.jpg

The whole job including rounding up the tools, etc and taking the pictures in addition to installing the storage pockets took me 1/2 hour (figure 15 min. with out the pics).

Edited by Hal

Finally got my Rear Door Storage Pockets and got them installed. They were purchased from Trevor Porter <trevor@fordpartsuk>.

The part numbers you will need are:

RH Door Pocket 1526163

LH Door Pocket 1526958

Fasteners (20 req) 6678518

Parts prices are very reasonable but shipping will be more than the cost of the parts.

Now for the obligatory "BEFORE" photo

TCSP01.jpg

One of the panels you will be removing. They are held in by the round plastic push -in fasteners.

TCSP02.jpg

The new inserts you will be installing

TCSP03.jpg

Tools to remove the old panels - a stiff putty knife and an auto motive fastener remover. The auto trim remover isn't absolutely necessary but since I had it I used it. It did allow me to get the fasteners out without damaging them so they could be reused.

TCSP04.jpg

With the stock panel removed

TCSP05.jpg

With the new pocket installed.

TCSP06.jpg

And the obligatory "AFTER" picture

TCSP07.jpg

The whole job including rounding up the tools, etc and taking the pictures in addition to installing the storage pockets took me 1/2 hour (figure 15 min. with out the pics).

super nice did you run the part numbers by any us dealers???

those are to be standard on the 2011

I had already tried to order them hre in the USA. Both with the local Ford Dealer and also one that the Focus guys all over the US use. Local dealer had no idea, other guy could find them but his system would not allow him to order them.

If I read the 2011 order guide correctly they will be part of the top of the line wagon package only.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta have them! What was the ball park price and what is Trevors complete e-mail address?

Thanks, Neil

Sorry about that, I have edited my first post to get the correct address which is:

Trevor Porter <trevor@fordpartsuk.com>

The price was 107GBP with 66GBP of it being the insured trackable shipping method they use. Becasue of the currency fluctuations your price might be slightly different.

Also, if you are careful removing the fasteners you can reuse them and not have to get new ones. I reused mine but I wanted some extras to have on hand for other projects.

Edited by Hal

I have my Parts Guy working on this as well. He found them in th system but is unable to order right now. He is going to periodically check asn as soon as they become available he will order me a set. I will keep everyone posted.

I have my Parts Guy working on this as well. He found them in th system but is unable to order right now. He is going to periodically check asn as soon as they become available he will order me a set. I will keep everyone posted.

Might be a while since they are not currently an option in this country. Might have to wait till the 2011's are out for local dealers to be able to get the parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The rear door panels were the first item I changed when I bought my Transit Connect last August.

I purchased them from Adrian Steel, www.inlad.com.

They do not have the netting.

They were meant for adding a few extra inches when carrying a six foot ladder inside a van with a partition.

I just checked the Adrian web site and they do not seem to list the panels.

Still might be worth the call/email.

The cost was $79.39

• 1 month later...

These door pockets are nice. But they don't look like they hold an awful lot. I like to carry around a few rolls of paper towels and cleaners. Being a cheap SOB I just removed the door panels and cut them down a little above the halfway mark. Now I can fit all sorts of stuff in there !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Adrian Steel still has the door panels (without netting) to give you a few more inches of room carrying 6 foot ladders inside the van. Ford has a door panel for the right rear door with netting standard in the XLT premium model, meaning you can order it from Ford. I have not checked, but door panels with netting may still be available on eBay.