Ford Transit Connect Forum

2015 Van Ordering Experience

The waiting game is finally over. Hard to believe huh? Picked up the van on Saturday 01/10.

Order Date: 07/14/14

2015 Van Production Started: 09/02/14

Van Produced: 10/30/14

Van Delivered: 01/09/15

Van came in without any noticeable issues so all went well.

I did have to pay the increased amount per Ford's sticker increase, but I may take that up with Ford later.

Not sure it's worth my time chasing but more of a principal thing. If you order something for a set price, then that's what you should pay when it's delivered.

I drove the van home in a driving rain at night (about 40 miles) and had no idea where any of the controls were located. Little bit of a white knuckle ride since it's all freeway driving. At one point I guess I turned the AC on trying to get the defroster on. If you turn the temp all the way to cold the AC comes on automatically without having to hit the AC button. Seems like a good feature. Wipers are kickass in this van. headlights, not so good, but someone recently posted about them pointing down for an unloaded van, so that may be the reason why. I kept wondering if they were on but could see a headlight on symbol on the dash lights. The pouring rain hitting the bare roof was loud when parked, but once moving the road noise overcame that. will need to work on quieting this tin can down a notch. The van seems so big compared to my old wagon, yet it's only 4 inches longer. Fits in the garage with no problem so all is good.

I have lots to write about so I'll be back with more later. I do have a few important first questions but I'll post them in the appropriate forum topics. Stay tuned for more posts and pictures.

Congrat on the new van but you know what we say show us a picture or it never happened:-P hahaha

When the A/C comes on when you turn down the tempeture down its annoying for me i don't like that .

Also the air circulation turn it self off sometimes i press it on and after a while turns off i don't like that

I like to keep it on most of the time so the fan blows stronger and warms up the van faster

The heater is week needs to run the fan on speed 2 to feel anything i mean on the front i have a cargo van ,

The windshield washer should spread more evenly instead more like two spots also annoying, my left rear washer don't work no liquid comes out i need to fix it .

The headligth may need some better quality bulbs i agree.

Not good on gas in city don't expect much and I'm not a aggressive driver.

Otherwise a nice little van

Enjoy!

Edited by Johnyguy

thanks guys. haven't driven the van since picking it up last Saturday, so nothing new to report.

@keywestles - glad you're enjoying your van. would love to see some pics of how you customized the interior.

I guess being in Key West you won't be having any heater problems.

@johnyguy - my wife's car has an auto air system and it does the same thing. It turns off the recirc sometimes on it's own. drives me nuts.

I prefer a manual air system without any intelligence. I can see how that ac feature can be a pain. I'm just hoping it isn't. I don't use ac very often.

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered a SWB XLT 2.5 wagon in Magnetic the middle of November 2014 and it arrived to my dealer 2/13/15 so just about 12 weeks. Dealer told me 8-10. I didn't go crazy with options, added the all weather floor mats, 17" wheels, SYNC/HD/CD/Sat radio and roof rails. The radio package added fog lights but no Auto headlights, that was a bit of a let down but no big deal I guess. It's a good looking vehicle, it's been fun to drive so far and relatively comfortable. I plan on adding a small subwoofer, a hitch and wiring harness. I initally had the tow package selected but for close to $500 and a class 1, I decided to remove it from my order and put the hitch on myself. I picked up a Curt class III and the curt T connector harness. I installed the same thing on my 11' Subaru Outback that I traded in for the TC. The hitch and harness was just under $200 and since i'm going to need to run wires for the subwoofer anyway I decided to just do it myself. I didn't get to test drive one because no one around me had one and I'd never seen a SWB wagon. It's a little smaller than I anticipated but it should work for what I need. It's my daily driver and on the weekends I do videography, lighting and dj work. I should be able to haul my lighting around without having to pull a trailer. I could almost fit everything that I need in my Outback but I lacked the height to be able to stack anything. I have 2 gigs this week so I'll see how it works.

• 3 months later...

wow! What discount did you get thru Costco auto purchase plan? $300 below invoice? thank you for a good post.

welcome to the forum. are you planning to order a TC?

When I ordered the van it was supposed to be at dealer invoice.

When I signed the papers it was $100 below invoice, which is even better.

Ford had raised the MSRP by $200 from when I ordered in July 2014 till pick up in mid Jan 2015, so it kind of halved the difference.

I considered contacting Ford about the $200 increase but haven't yet and probably won't bother.

The best part about the Costco auto buying program (or other ones out there like AAA or truecar) is that it's a set price. No haggling BS and games going back and forth for hours. You can establish the price over the phone or via email before setting foot in the dealer. Going to the dealer is only to drop off a deposit and sign your intent to order. Easy peasy. For ordering a van, this is probably the best you're going to do. If there's a van already on the lot, there's a chance you might be able to do slightly better. You also are eligble for any factory incentives/rebates ontop of this pricing so that gets you even lower. Those incentives change all the time and are only eligible when you pick up the van and not when ordering. I missed an extra $750 incentives just based on timing. Good Luck!

Edited by windguy

• 10 months later...

Hey Windguy do you know how long it took the ship to bring your van from Spain? My van was loaded onto the ship on 4/3 and I'm wondering how much longer it will be at sea before arriving in Los Angeles.

Timeline from start to finish

07/14/14 ordered placed into Ford's system

07/25/14 confirmation received from Ford's order system

09/02/14 2015 production started - lead time 16-19 weeks (4-5 months)

10/17/14 VIN issued

10/30/14 Van production date.

11/09/14 Van produced and shipped from Valencia, Spain

12/16/14 Windown Sticker available

01/05/15 Van arrived at Mira Loma dispatch location

01/09/15 Van at Dealer

Thank you. My dealer said my van shipped on 4/3, but I've had the windows sticker since 4/13 and I'm not even sure when the window sticker was first available, I just know it was available when Ford found the van for me.

Based on your timeline if I base the arrival upon when the dealer said it shipped then I wouldn't see it until June 3rd, but if my dealer is wrong and I base it one when the window sticker was available I'd be looking at May 2nd which would be great!

Thank you. My dealer said my van shipped on 4/3, but I've had the windows sticker since 4/13 and I'm not even sure when the window sticker was first available, I just know it was available when Ford found the van for me.

Based on your timeline if I base the arrival upon when the dealer said it shipped then I wouldn't see it until June 3rd, but if my dealer is wrong and I base it one when the window sticker was available I'd be looking at May 2nd which would be great!

I would base the timing on when the van leaves the factory, not the availability of the window sticker.

If all vans are still being processed in Maryland, then that's your wild card based on how long that can take and then getting on a transport to the west coast.

expect the worst and hope for the best. Your early June date seems reasonable. Good luck!