Ford Transit Connect Forum

The Gas Mileage Thread

Ford has several hybrid cars with that feature. Another nice feature is when you apply the brake instead of pads squeezing a rotor to stop you an electrical generator kicks in and you charge the batteries. I think it still has regular brakes for hard stops.

My fill up today of mixed highway/city got me 24 point something to the gallon. It now has 1,200 miles on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the highway I'm still getting 29 but in town with the colder weather 24 is about the best.

Good for you! I have 2100 miles on the van and I'm getting 15 in city a lot of stop and go I'm not happy! and I'm not driving fast this van has worst mpg than my 2003 Honda Odyssey! I don't know whats going on

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those numbers coming from the computer or you calculated after refill?

Calculated off the odometer.

I don't trust the trip computer. It's just averaging the results from the "instant" number, which is just monitoring injector pulses vs speed. It's a good point of reference, but the proof is in the miles/gallons.

Calculated off the odometer.

I don't trust the trip computer. It's just averaging the results from the "instant" number, which is just monitoring injector pulses vs speed. It's a good point of reference, but the proof is in the miles/gallons.

it's pretty damn accurate actually

my trip computer #'s fall right in line with your mpg's

pretty darn close

Agreed Mustang. It is generally close. When I calculate I generally get just a bit better mileage, but relatively speaking, the computer gives a good reference number. (I'm speaking of my other car, because my 2010 Transconn does not easily generate MPG) Of course, I'm not going out to two decimal places either!!

Edited by Willie