Ford Transit Connect Forum

Things that could be improved on the TC

So now that I've become acquainted with my TC, I feel that some things could be improved, here are my thoughts:

1)The ignition key hole could be lighted, so at night it would be easiear to insert the key. The key is not too intuitive to begin with, so I always have to fiddle with it in the dark.

2) The rain gutter/railings on top of the roof ,should be flat at the rear of the vehicle, now it's raised up so water accumulates on the roof when it rains, since it cannot escape at the rear, so whenever I brake all the water comes gushing to the front windshield.

3) It would be nice to have a real coin holder, instead of those little 4 slots by the hand brake.

4) The exterior plastic/rubber trim on the car could be better quality. Even when I took delivery of the vehicle, the plastic seemed faded, could be the Hawaii sun, but that's way too soon to be happening. I had to buy 303 Aerospace to give it a more even look.

These might be minor things, but I feel that if corrected, they could improve the overall quality of the car.

Please feel free to agree or disagree, or if you have any other items that you would like to add.

• 3 weeks later...

How about windshield spryers that really mist and don't just piss a stream of water in the center of your windshield!!! I seem to be the only person that finds this a problem. At least that is what Ford has told me! I sure wish some others would chime in if you agree.

How about windshield spryers that really mist and don't just piss a stream of water in the center of your windshield!!! I seem to be the only person that finds this a problem. At least that is what Ford has told me! I sure wish some others would chime in if you agree.

I've never noticed the stream , i should. If that is the case, then I'd see why it's a problem.

Add two more feet to the lenght so I can haul a sheet of plywood in the back.

I wonder if it's not gonna happen, only because that would make the Transit a great all around cargo, and might take away from the F series customer base, but I'm just saying.

I wonder if it's not gonna happen, only because that would make the Transit a great all around cargo, and might take away from the F series customer base, but I'm just saying.

If the Feds make the fuel standards to bad the whole Econoline is in trouble.

I like my TC a lot but here is a list of things that would make this the best van ever.

-If the TC is in park but running, the seatbelt alarm should not sound if you unbuckle.

-You only need to key to unlock the gas flap, but not to close it. Our state is all full service.

-Move the window switch to the doors.

-Move the cup holders to the front of the console.

-I could actually use more storage spots, or bigger ones.

-Make it able to tow small loads at least, like a small sailboat or dirt bikes.

-A ladder on the back door.

-More interior built in mounting points.

-Make it able to have extensions. I PS this mock-up. extra room

-Bring the manual diesel to America. Maybe even a turbo-diesel???

-4X4 model

-Make a built in roof rack/uplift mount further back.

-Make a lip of some sorts so all the water isn't channeled down the windshield.

-Offer non-cloth seats as an option...vinyl would work.

-Make a mini RV conversion, as I have heard a lot of people want to do this.

Now that's a darn good idea! More space for stuff! :D

CJ

I made this mock-up of a longer version, it's not 2 feet but I think it could be bigger with same wheelbase and offered as an option. And it looks less chopped off IMO. If you got a roof rack you could also carry plywood sheets. I've carried 8 foot foam board inside I just angled it.

mock-up

See the 2011 ordering guide that I posted under transit ordering. Back Up camera now available as are rear quarter windows on wagon as well as upgraded audio.

will we be able to add the camera and the upgraded audio to the 2010 model?

• 1 month later...

I'd love to have an OEM rear camera too. I've got the wagon version but the center divider between the rear doors seems like it perfectly hides cars that have come up behind me. That said, the monitor will have to work even when the TC is moving forward, as opposed to only when in reverse.

• 2 weeks later...

An extra two feet as someone else mentioned would be great. ALMOST being able to fit two pallets is just torture.

A diesel and manual (also as someone else said).

Quick-remove seats (like in the Astro), and maybe a third row with that extended body.

More D-rings! Two in the rear just won't hold things down as well as a full set of four at the cargo area corners. I'm considering installing some on my own.

I'll add a vote for quick release rear seats. Folding them forward is nice, but when you need that extra 10 inches quick the two bolts holding them in are a pain. I've almost solved that problem with some engineering stolen from quick release c-clamps.

I got some 3' and 4' nice bungie straps at my local target, and have found the seat child restraint attach points and latch bar are good places to hook to. Picture:

Rear%20Doors%20Open_small.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things :stirpot: That Could Be Improved:

- Water cascading off the roof, when I left and when I brake :drool:

-I think the brake pads are cheap, mine already scart :baby:

-How is it that? just two speakers and no MP3 :rockon:

- Cargo space only sheet, cheap again :finger:

- Was preferable to a height not exceeding 6.2 feets :happy feet:

-Hard-drive up the hill, even the cruise control does not keep constant speed :beatdeadhorse:

It is a European model that I like and I expected to arrive in North America, and that's why I rushed :banghead::drool: to buy it.

Hello All:

I bought my TC XLT Cargo Van about four weeks ago. Here's what I would change:

1. I'm 6' 2", and the seating postion didn't work for me at all. I finally unbolted the seat from the floor and put it up on wooden blocks, the front being about 2" tall and the back 1 1/2" tall. Then I bought a chair cushion at Kmart and put it under the seat cover I added. Now it's perfect. (Note: just out of curiostiy I sat in a new Fiesta, and I would have to do the same thing to that car, with even taller blocks!)

2. I wish the fuel door would close without the key, and adding a release from the inside would be nice. It feels very flimsy when it's open, too.

3. The power door locks drive me crazy sometimes- you can't unlock the cargo door from the inside and have it stay unlocked! Same thing with the other doors. I don't understand why they have it so that if you lock the doors as you're getting out, they unlock themselves a second later! You either have to use the key to lock all the doors from the outside, or use the key fob, or the keyless entry pad (which I added).

4. I'm not very picky about car stereos, but I read a review somewhere where someone said the stereo was "audible". I would have to agree- I don't think it would take much to make it sound a little better.

Other than that, I'm delighted. Just today an older couple came up to me in a parking lot asking all sorts of questions about it, most people don't recognize them without lots of graphics on them.

CN

• 2 months later...

I like my TC a lot but here is a list of things that would make this the best van ever.

-If the TC is in park but running, the seatbelt alarm should not sound if you unbuckle.

-You only need to key to unlock the gas flap, but not to close it. Our state is all full service.

-4X4 model

With cup holders further forward and the window controls elsewhere, you could add an armrest to the front passenger seat! And then enlarge that little tray between

the front seats to extend up where the cupholders used to be, and maybe put a lid on it.

• 1 month later...

-If the TC is in park but running, the seatbelt alarm should not sound if you unbuckle. " Just pull apart the electrical connector by the seat and your seat belt alarm won't bother you again :) "-You only need to key to unlock the gas flap, but not to close it. Our state is all full service.

-4X4 model

• 3 weeks later...

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson: POWER!!!!!!!!!! The TC really needs more if it. Discs all around would be nice. 5 or 6 speed gearbox, figure something out with the center console, mainly get rid of the gear select and put it on the steering column or make it a push button gearbox.