Ford Transit Connect Forum

New 17" Wheels & Tires Are On...

CapnTroy

So, based on reviews that I read as well as advice from my local tire guy, I decided to get Nitto Motivo 225/50/17 tires to go with my new Volvo "Amalthea" rims...

The Motivos have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and have a slightly higher load rating at the same 50psi than the OEM 15" Continentals had, so I didn't have to get the TPMS's re-calibrated either.

An added bonus; my speedo has been reading 2 mph too high since I bought the TC (based on data from 2 different GPS units). The first thing that I noticed yesterday after I installed the 17" tires and rims was that my speedo is now agreeing with the GPS's at all speeds.

I like the ride with the new tires too; firm and stable.

20140530_193846_zps72b68630.jpg

20140530_145435_zps3e34a952.jpg

So, based on reviews that I read as well as advice from my local tire guy, I decided to get Nitto Motivo 225/50/17 tires to go with my new Volvo "Amalthea" rims...

The Motivos have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and have a slightly higher load rating at the same 50psi than the OEM 15" Continentals had, so I didn't have to get the TPMS's re-calibrated either.

An added bonus; my speedo has been reading 2 mph too high since I bought the TC (based on data from 2 different GPS units). The first thing that I noticed yesterday after I installed the 17" tires and rims was that my speedo is now agreeing with the GPS's at all speeds.

I like the ride with the new tires too; firm and stable.

20140530_193846_zps72b68630.jpg

20140530_145435_zps3e34a952.jpg

Someone else did this conversion on this site too - very good looking! :rockon:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mcnastyni said:

What wheel nuts did you use on these rims i have steel 15 inch rims but the nuts don't seem to get enough of a grab on the studs when I put the Volvo 17s on 

Not sure what type they are, the tire store supplied them...here's a pic.

20180727_135917.jpg

• 1 month later...