CapnTroy

New 17" Wheels & Tires Are On...

So, based on reviews that I read as well as advice from my local tire guy, I decided to get Nitto Motivo 225/50/17 tires to go with my new Volvo "Amalthea" rims...

The Motivos have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and have a slightly higher load rating at the same 50psi than the OEM 15" Continentals had, so I didn't have to get the TPMS's re-calibrated either.

An added bonus; my speedo has been reading 2 mph too high since I bought the TC (based on data from 2 different GPS units). The first thing that I noticed yesterday after I installed the 17" tires and rims was that my speedo is now agreeing with the GPS's at all speeds.

I like the ride with the new tires too; firm and stable.

20140530_193846_zps72b68630.jpg

20140530_145435_zps3e34a952.jpg

I agree, sharp looking van

thanks for the tire info

So, based on reviews that I read as well as advice from my local tire guy, I decided to get Nitto Motivo 225/50/17 tires to go with my new Volvo "Amalthea" rims...

The Motivos have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty and have a slightly higher load rating at the same 50psi than the OEM 15" Continentals had, so I didn't have to get the TPMS's re-calibrated either.

An added bonus; my speedo has been reading 2 mph too high since I bought the TC (based on data from 2 different GPS units). The first thing that I noticed yesterday after I installed the 17" tires and rims was that my speedo is now agreeing with the GPS's at all speeds.

I like the ride with the new tires too; firm and stable.

20140530_193846_zps72b68630.jpg

20140530_145435_zps3e34a952.jpg

Someone else did this conversion on this site too - very good looking! :rockon:

How is the acceleration?

No noticeable difference, it's what you'd expect from a little 4-banger... :-)

Posted (edited)

What wheel nuts did you use on these rims i have steel 15 inch rims but the nuts don't seem to get enough of a grab on the studs when I put the Volvo 17s on 

Edited by Mcnastyni

On 7/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mcnastyni said:

What wheel nuts did you use on these rims i have steel 15 inch rims but the nuts don't seem to get enough of a grab on the studs when I put the Volvo 17s on 

Not sure what type they are, the tire store supplied them...here's a pic.

20180727_135917.jpg

Old thread I know, but I'm curious about the performance of Motivo's on wet pavement. My buddy is selling his used nitto tires motivo and I'm thinking of getting them.

We don't get much rain out here, but mine have been fine when it does happen...