Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Ford Transit Connect: Who has one?

robertlane

Jonnyguy

the dealer has the vin # , they are telling me any day now?

very poor service from FORD, The dealership has been great, not much they can do.

Yes service is sucks, hope you get it soon you deserve it keep us posted

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2014 TC XLT XWB three weeks ago. Black, off the local dealer lot. It's everything I would've ordered anyway (except for bigger/nicer wheels and tires..an easy fix). It replaced a 2000 Chevy Astro cargo van that reached the end of it's useful life. So far I love this van and have hauled my g/f's Ninja motorcycle, large snowblower, and numerous trips to the food wholesalers for my pizza business. It's comfortable for me ( 5-11, 175lbs) and I get 23 mpg. One gripe: The aux input is hidden in the center console; I'd rather it on the dash but it's no biggie. My only immediate upgrade is for a divider because I think it will help with climate control in the cab area.

Edited by Rich Arsenault

Isn't there a Bluetooth connection in your XLT?

In the US market, I think you need to have the Sync option to get Bluetooth.

XLT doesn't provide any radio upgrades over the basic XL version as far as I know.

Link to the Ford site http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/

For the TC http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?vehicle=transitconnect&year=2014

Edited by windguy

I bought a 2014 TC XLT XWB three weeks ago. Black, off the local dealer lot. It's everything I would've ordered anyway (except for bigger/nicer wheels and tires..an easy fix). It replaced a 2000 Chevy Astro cargo van that reached the end of it's useful life. So far I love this van and have hauled my g/f's Ninja motorcycle, large snowblower, and numerous trips to the food wholesalers for my pizza business. It's comfortable for me ( 5-11, 175lbs) and I get 23 mpg. One gripe: The aux input is hidden in the center console; I'd rather it on the dash but it's no biggie. My only immediate upgrade is for a divider because I think it will help with climate control in the cab area.

Sounds like a sweet ride. congrats!

can you post a pic?

Re a divider for the cab area, I posted this link in another thread

someone on facebook posted a link to a company that has an aftermarket bulkhead.

http://www.knapheide..._Literature.pdf

what would be cool to have in a clear vinyl curtain that you can pull down to provide a thermal barrier yet be able so see through. Something similar to what they use in markets to cover the refridgerated displays at night.

In the US market, I think you need to have the Sync option to get Bluetooth. XLT doesn't provide any radio upgrades over the basic XL version as far as I know.

Weird. Here all trim levels have BT standard and it's independent from radio trim level (like digital radio or speaker count). With BT you get wireless audio and riddance of having to mess with aux cable. Sync adds an extra software layer for special apps like calling for rescue in case of an accident etc.

Well we have had our TC for 9 days, we already have 1200+ miles on it, avg 23.9 MPG, we traded the Expedition for it and sorry to see it go but it would not accommodate the boom lift for the power wheelchair! We have the Titanium LWB version and absolutely love it! Has the hitch but I don't plan on using it, have the MFT with Navi, 17ich wheels, Quickclear on the windshield, remote start, panorama roof! mud flaps. Front and Rear sensing system! Great Ride!!

Edited by ernestb436

Well we have had our TC for 9 days, we already have 1200+ miles on it, avg 23.9 MPG, we traded the Expedition for it and sorry to see it go but it would not accommodate the boom lift for the power wheelchair! We have the Titanium LWB version and absolutely love it! Has the hitch but I don't plan on using it, have the MFT with Navi, 17ich wheels, Quickclear on the windshield, remote start, panorama roof! mud flaps. Front and Rear sensing system! Great Ride!!

sounds like a sweet ride! congrats!

what color?

please post some pics :camera:

that makes alot of people jealous hehe

Congrat!

i just have to be patient its coming its coming telling my self lol.....

I ordered and put money down on a 2014 TC in mid-February to use in my business. They told me it would take about 4 to 6 weeks. It's still not here. It was apparently built some time ago, as they gave me the VIN back in March.

They tell me it is parked in Maryland for some reason. Nobody can tell me why. The dealer is useless and will not return phone calls or emails.

I finally opened a help request with Ford online. Somebody called me and confirmed, yes, its parked in Maryland. They don't know why. They told me there is no way to find out. There is no way to tell if or when it will released from Maryland. They told me there is no way to find anyone in Ford who can tell me why.

I'm at the end of my rope. Trying to figure out if I should walk away from my deposit and go buy a Nissan.

Customer service at Ford is an absolute joke.

Edited by hdrider

I ordered and put money down on a 2014 TC in mid-February to use in my business. They told me it would take about 4 to 6 weeks. It's still not here. It was apparently built some time ago, as they gave me the VIN back in March.

They tell me it is parked in Maryland for some reason. Nobody can tell me why. The dealer is useless and will not return phone calls or emails.

I finally opened a help request with Ford online. Somebody called me and confirmed, yes, its parked in Maryland. They don't know why. They told me there is no way to find out. There is no way to tell if or when it will released from Maryland. They told me there is no way to find anyone in Ford who can tell me why.

I'm at the end of my rope. Trying to figure out if I should walk away from my deposit and go buy a Nissan.

Customer service at Ford is an absolute joke.

hrider,

your post has me all fired up and it's not even my TC. sounds like total BS.

according to this link, Baltimore Maryland is the landing spot for the imported TCs.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/09/u-s-customs-calls-fords-importing-transit-connect-as-passenger-vehicle-manipulation-of-chicken-tax-tariff/

wonder if it's a customs thing or if they are still adding/removing things to avoid the chicken tax or just paying it. hard to tell.

that fact that your dealer and Ford isn't helping is very bad and understandeable frustrating.

I would be more persistent with Ford and take it up the ladder. Keep asking people who they work for and talk to them. Bypass the lackeys. Somebody knows what's going on. Hard to believe just one TC is sitting there in limbo unless it got damaged in transit.

I'd also work it through the dealer. Bypass the sales guy and go to his boss or as high as you can go.

Not sure if giving them a deadline to deliver or you'll want your money back ultimatum will help but a breach of contract lawsuit might get their attention since this is used for business purposes.

sorry if I asked before in another thread, but what options did you add to the van?

good luck and keep us posted.

Windguy, I can be more persistent, but at the end of the day, I can't really force Ford to do anything. They are going to proceed as they want, and they have clearly shown they don't care about a customer like me. If they did, they would at least tell me what is going on so I can plan.

Regarding options, it's kind of silly I needed to order this thing in the first place, but all the dealers seem to have on the lots is stripped down vehicles. All I wanted was a XLT LWB cargo van with a decent radio with bluetooth and a USB port, and a backup camera. And a light in the cargo area. Jeez, you'd think this stuff would almost be standard, or at least the dealers would order a few that way.

As long as I was ordering anyway, I got the quick clear windshield defroster, large mirrors, and fog lamps. The color is the basic white with charcoal interior. Nothing radical.

I wish somebody could figure out where these things are in Baltimore, and just go over there and find out what is really going on.

Edited by hdrider

sweet looking van. I like it!

did you special order or get it off a dealer lot?

what options does your van have?

I considered special ordering, but spent three weeks visiting the many Ford dealers in the Chicago area. This one had almost everything I would've ordered anyway except for the 17" wheels/tires. It's an XLT with the mid-level stereo so it has a USB charger and an AUX in. I've read too many bad things about the Sync system to risk it. I'm very glad I didn't special order after reading about so many delays.

Edited by Rich Arsenault

I considered special ordering, but spent three weeks visiting the many Ford dealers in the Chicago area. This one had almost everything I would've ordered anyway except for the 17" wheels/tires. It's an XLT with the mid-level stereo so it has a USB charger and an AUX in. I've read too many bad things about the Sync system to risk it. I'm very glad I didn't special order after reading about so many delays.

good deal. consider yourself lucky.

I've made the same decision regarding Sync. Besides, I'm not a gadget type of guy. Some are and I'm sure it's frustrating.

How about a pic of your TC? :camera:

• 2 weeks later...