Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Ford Transit Connect Build

robertlane

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ordered an XLT in burnished glow about a month ago now being told it will delayed due to 1.6 shortages.

That's a neat color - they offered something like that (not as nice) on the 1973 Mustang. Did they say how long it would take for it to arrive?

What are you plans for it? Commercial/fleet or more consumer oriented?

• 3 months later...

Just ordered a 2014 SWB van. One of the colors for 2014 is Midnight Sky (deep grey). That color isn't being used on the assembly line at this time. It's officially considered "ON HOLD" They don't know if the color is discontinued or will reappear in the next couple of months. Hard to believe a color would be discontinued that was just placed on the 2014 brochure. So now I'm "ON HOLD" until they can find someone at Ford that could possible know the reason. So far no logical reason. The Ford dealer just gets a code; no explanation.

Don't want any other color...........Don't know what to do if this color disappears!!!!

JEM

Just ordered a 2014 SWB van. One of the colors for 2014 is Midnight Sky (deep grey). That color isn't being used on the assembly line at this time. It's officially considered "ON HOLD" They don't know if the color is discontinued or will reappear in the next couple of months. Hard to believe a color would be discontinued that was just placed on the 2014 brochure. So now I'm "ON HOLD" until they can find someone at Ford that could possible know the reason. So far no logical reason. The Ford dealer just gets a code; no explanation.

Don't want any other color...........Don't know what to do if this color disappears!!!!

JEM

Jem,

Glad you found a TC configuration you like. I'm confussed that you are able to order a 2014.

According to Robert's post, shown below and link here http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/2487-2015-ford-transit-connect-production-schedule/

the order window for 2014 models closed on April 4th and the 2015 models opens next week on the 13th.

Not sure there will be any difference between 2014 and 2015. Would be nice to know if there is.

Ford Transit Connect Production Schedule

2014 Ford Transit Connect Final Orders Due: 04-04-14

2015 Ford Transit Connect Order Bank Opens: 05-13-14

2015 Ford Transit Connect Production Scheduling Begins: 06-12-14

2015 Ford Transit Connect Production (JOB1) Begins: 09-02-14

PS - I really like the Midnight Sky color. Of the six colors available for the Van, this one is pretty cool looking.

It looks more deep green than gray on the Ford website. For my uses, I tend to pick close to white for visibility issues when driving. I've heard white isn't good if you're around lots of snow, which isn't a problem for me. I might chose the silver color. To me the white looks more commerical but still pretty nice. Fun to have choices at least. If you don't special order, most dealers have only white, common color choice. Good luck!

Edited by windguy

JEM

I wonder if they might have already built out that color for the 2014 year, so they might roll your order into a 2015?

I also believe that this color is called Sterling Gray in other model lines.

Edited by robertlane