Ford Transit Connect Forum

Courtesy mirror in driver's visor

cosmicray

On my TC, the passenger side visor has a courtesy mirror, but the driver side does not. My transit is a very basic XL cargo model.

Do any of the wagons or XLT cargo vans have a courtesy mirror on the drivers side ?

The two side are not interchangeable, else I would swap them. If the driver side visor with the mirror does exist (unlighted obviously) can someone forward the part number for a 2013. I could look up the part number if I had the VIN of a vehicle that came with one. I have one of the newer visors that slides on the arm.

TIA

I thought passenger-side only was standard in all US vehicles for years?

The thought being that if you have a mirror in the driver's side visor you, One, would tend to use it while driving (a hazard) and, Two, headlights from a vehicle behind you could momentarily blind you.

BUT -
I bought this one at Harbor Freight for, like, two bucks on sale:
http://www.harborfreight.com/visor-mirror-67110.html
I'm sure the identical item, probably from the same Chinese factory, is available at any auto parts store or even Walmart.

I thought passenger-side only was standard in all US vehicles for years?

The thought being that if you have a mirror in the driver's side visor you, One, would tend to use it while driving (a hazard) and, Two, headlights from a vehicle behind you could momentarily blind you.

My '98 Ford Taurus had a visor mirror on both the driver and passenger side. They both had a little plastic flip down cover tho.

> They both had a little plastic flip down cover tho.

Yeah, I had an early 2000's Ford with the same set-up - the flip-up cover on the driver's side (only).

I really don't know what they are doing now, to tell you the truth.
I decided on the Transit Connect and didn't even bother to look at anything else!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I came up with a very non-standard solution for this. Took a hand held mirror (about 5x6 inches), and a few cable ties. I have the cable ties set to a length that will hold the mirror, but I can slide them off the visor when not using this, The mirror lives in the back pocket on the passenger seat, and cable ties are on the shelf over the steering wheel. Not pretty, but it gets the job done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

My 2018 XL Wagon has no vanity mirrors on either sun visor.  I was kind of surprised it was possible to even get a new vehicle without at least a passenger side vanity mirror.

Since my wife needs to check her makeup and using the rearview mirror sucks, I got one of these clip-on mirrors.  Works fine, but it is kind of bulky.

I suppose the best solution would be to figure out how to order a replacement sun visor for an XLT or a Titanium, since those do have vanity mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...