Ford Transit Connect Forum

T230 XL LWB Tdci (57)....Van runs great........Starts fine in icy , cold or hot weather.......But as soon as it gets to running temp and I turn it off

Bob Tremain

T230 XL LWB Tdci (57)....Van runs great........Starts fine in icy , cold or hot weather.......But as soon as it gets to running temp and I turn it off it will not start till cold again...about 2 hrs later.......My garage the ford dealer and a diesel fitter cant find a fault.........Injectors tested...Fuel pump tested all ok...................Its driving all of us mad......HELP

• 6 years later...

did you ever find a solution to this ?

I am not too familiar with the engine on this vehicle, but it may be ignition related.

i had a vehicle that would crank and run great, but once it got warm it sputtered and died.

there's only a few sensors are are critical to engine running. other sensors will allow the car to run in limp mode, but the crank sensor and cam sensors are critical.

i thought the car had a bad crank sensor, but that wasn't it. it turned out to be a bad distributor cap.

newer engines are lacking distributors, but you might have a ignition coil going bad, or ignition related issue.

Just a thought.

oh, ok,

perhaps it is fuel related..

I had a Geo Metro that had a fuel pump go bad.

I got a replacement pump and a filter. ( little did I know i should have gotten a new sock as well to go on the pump)

I replaced this and all was fine til I was over 2 hrs away from home and the car started to loose power.

Fuel presser was down to nothing. I though the new pump went bad already.

Later i learned....ALWAYS  New Pump, New sock filter.

I was mad that the parts guy didn't sell me one.. Had to drop the tank all over again.

not sure if you have a bad filter issue or dirty fuel pump filter ( sock )

maybe something gives you a clue.

Good luck