Ford Transit Connect Forum

Last night we had a severe rain storm here. The TC was parked outside, on a slight nose down incline. The storm lasted about an hour, and dropped 2 inches of rain.

This morning I noticed a vertical streak on the pressed wood panel, below the glass, left side rear door. My rear doors have the smoked privacy glass and wipers. Under the door, on the white edge of the frame, I found several drops of yellow-color water. The vertical streak is roughly aligned with the left outside lamp for the license plate.

At first I thought this was new, and something that wasn't there when I purchased it (2 weeks back). Upon checking a series of photos taken the morning after I drove it home, I see that there was a streak on the panel then. I hit a torrential storm north of Tampa, while driving it home.

So now I'm trying to decide if this is worth taking it in for service. Something is leaking, perhaps involving the seal where the wiper passes thru the glass. The leak possibly involves heavy rain tho. Back when I was shopping for a TC, I notice several pictures of used ones, showing the same vertical streak on that panel (although left-door right-door was random). Whatever the problem is, it isn't new and may involve particular units.

Anyone else have the same issue ?

The body-shop did a water hose test today. Pretty extensive too. He was unable to recreate the leak, but agreed with me that the marks on that press-board panel looked like a leak. Next time I have a thunderstorm, I'm going to slip in thru one of the sliding doors, and watch it for a while. See if I can catch it doing it.