Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 OEM Radio swap question

ja95sc3

Hi All, just got my 2013 TC and I only have the stock radio with no cd player. I was wondering if you guys know if I purchase the OEM CD Player/MP3 it would plug right in with the same harness?? Any info will gladly be appreciated. Also, any tips on removing the stock unit? Thanks.

Hello ja95sc3. Forum member Precisionair answered a similar question about your year for radio removal back in May. Here is the URL http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/1906-stock-stereo-removal-2013-transit-connect-xl/ . I do not have first hand knowledge of the 2013 wiring, although I can tell you in the 2010 you could swap the base radio and the upgrade without any issues.

Edited by 103west43rd

103west43rd, thanks for your reply. Im hoping its the same harness still on the 2013s.

Precionair, Yes please! So i can verify if they are indeed swapable. Also, how did u remove the oem radio? Pulled the whole plastic surround or just the head unit itself? Thanks again for the response guys!

Forum member 103West43rd posted a link on your first response of a post explaining how to pull that radio. If that link will not work for you, here it it in full;

The cover that surrounds the radio snaps off... I recommend you purchase a set of ("Plastic") pry tools so you won't mar the dash. The clips that hold the cover on will resist your efforts with considerable force. There are 4 clips total, one in each corner. Start at either lower corner and from the bottom, release the lower clips first. Then from the sides, pry out the upper two corners. Take your time, use plastic pry tools, and it will come off. The radio is held by 4 metric hex screws, 7 mm if I remember correctly... Good luck!

Anyone know if the CD/radio from other model Fords will 'plug and play'? If they don't simply plug in, I guess I'll go aftermarket. Need to keep the radio low key as not to attract attention but the 1500 AM/FM radio and the OEM speakers are beyond terrible as others have mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, just got my 2013 TC and I only have the stock radio with no cd player. I was wondering if you guys know if I purchase the OEM CD Player/MP3 it would plug right in with the same harness?? Any info will gladly be appreciated. Also, any tips on removing the stock unit? Thanks.

I have the same basic question. A salvage yard not far from me is showing this item in stock ...

RADIO - AUDIO VIDEO EQUIPMENT 2012 to 2013 (receiver), w/o Nav sys; AM-FM-CD (single disc)

ID CT1T-18C869-AA and AB

Is that the correct part for a 2013 TC ?

My SYNC STYNKS does nothing but let me speak over the phone,won't dial,no contacts, no music,no nothing.I am going to get a refund and would like to know what unit,Ford or aftermarket, will have these features that do not work in mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrlizzzard

• 2 weeks later...

I replace my AM/FM/CD unit in my 2010 TC with an Alpine 900BT. It has Bluetooth for the phone (no voice commands), Navigation, CD/DVD drive and a USB port. I also added a backup camera which uses the same screen. I also upgraded my existing speakers and added some in the rear doors.

post-370-0-29906500-1380907241_thumb.jpg