Ford Transit Connect Forum

Finally have some Tunes in the TC

humitex

Well,

I finally received my radio kit from the UK...took almost 2 weeks to get here...got the harness and antenna adapter...but found out after I removed the radio that the antenna adapter is a Metra part number 40VW-20...so you can pick this up at any local stereo shop. I also found out today that Scosche carries the TC kit...now they tell me!

Their part number is: FD1444B... I installed a Pioneer deck, 2 kicker 5.25in front door speakers, 2 6.25 rear door speakers, a kicker 4-channel amp, which mounts perfectly under the drivers seat and a Infinity powered 10in sub which I mounted behind the passenger rear seat. I ran a 4awg wire from the battery (using a 150amp fuse) into a distribution block which I mounted to the frame behind the kick panel.

I also installed a Sirius direct connect unit which I mounted behind my glove box and I mounted the antenna to the right of the 3rd brake light.

My TC sounds awesome!

JK

Well,

I finally received my radio kit from the UK...took almost 2 weeks to get here...got the harness and antenna adapter...but found out after I removed the radio that the antenna adapter is a Metra part number 40VW-20...so you can pick this up at any local stereo shop. I also found out today that Scosche carries the TC kit...now they tell me!

Their part number is: FD1444B... I installed a Pioneer deck, 2 kicker 5.25in front door speakers, 2 6.25 rear door speakers, a kicker 4-channel amp, which mounts perfectly under the drivers seat and a Infinity powered 10in sub which I mounted behind the passenger rear seat. I ran a 4awg wire from the battery (using a 150amp fuse) into a distribution block which I mounted to the frame behind the kick panel.

I also installed a Sirius direct connect unit which I mounted behind my glove box and I mounted the antenna to the right of the 3rd brake light.

My TC sounds awesome!

JK

Humi (JK),

Same idea, different components (to a degree!)

I put the antenna inside at the front of the dash in the center. Works GREAT!

I posted some pictures of the setupp a while back in the gallery.. I would like to see photos of what you did... can ya post 'em?

REC

Happily Transiting

Do you still get AM stations? I went to listen to a hockey game on the AM band, I got nothing! It worked in the Ranger I use to drive just fine.

I would if I had my antenna plugged in, but I listen to Sirius radio 99.9% of the time.

I will get it back....I miss listening to Rush!

JK

No problems with AM. I (don't laugh!) listen to the traffic broadcasts along the interstate and turnpike frequently. I don't think the signal from their broadcast is very strong, but everything else comes through just fine.

REC

Happily Transiting shift.gif

No problems with AM. I (don't laugh!) listen to the traffic broadcasts along the interstate and turnpike frequently. I don't think the signal from their broadcast is very strong, but everything else comes through just fine.

REC

Happily Transiting shift.gif

I can only guess that the TC has far less of a decent ground plane than the Ranger. The manufacturer used to install ground straps to the base of the antennas to allow AM reception to come in clearer. The TC antenna has a plastic housing and relies on the radio for a ground, plus Ford is using a volkswagon antenna adapter which is fine, but since the radio is not physically grounded to metal, the AM is not so great.

Although, I removed my antenna because my TC wouldn't fit in my garage...and my AM worked ok...guess it helps being in Houston too...

I plan on reinstalling my antenna so I can listen to my program from 11am-2pm....sports come in better with Sirius radio anyway.

JK

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

Thanks for all the information. With the understanding that Scosche now offers a Transit Connect kit, could you please provide the vendor/part information for the items you sourced from the UK?

Also, were you able to preserve any functionality from the steering column controls?

Many thanks!

Edited by madlock

Thanks for all the information. With the understanding that Scosche now offers a Transit Connect kit, could you please provide the vendor/part information for the items you sourced from the UK?

Also, were you able to preserve any functionality from the steering column controls?

Many thanks!

Mad,

Here is the link to the radio kit source: My link

What functions on the column are you referring to? I have not compromised any functionality.

Humi

i have the standard radio. do these kit's work as normal or do they put the face of the radio out from the dash? Crutchfield is saying that the depth is too short for standard aftermarket radio's.

dave

Dave,

My radio fits fine. The only issue I had was routing the cables for my amp. If you remove your glove box you can reach in there and pull the wires back thus allowing you to mount the radio. The radio, without the face is flush with the pocket. With the face on it looks great. The kit fits awesome...no rattles. Crutchfield is okay, but they really need to try to install one first.

JK