Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome

Transit Connect Guide

• 6 months later...

• 1 month later...
My name is Ed Miller, fleet and commercial sales at Chastangs Bayou City Ford in Houston. I have a website www.transitconnect.org.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to meet you. Follows their rules and regulation . Its really nice forum. I hope you enjoy in this forum and stay here for a long time. we are providing the minibuses and coach. we can offer an extremely competitive rate on luxury coach hire. if you want more information you can ask me any time.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Just took delivery of a New Transit Connect XLT today here in New York. First one to be delivered by the dealer here on Long Island.

I have to say this vehicle is the perfect replacement for the '96 E-250 that I turned in as a "Clunker". I was so tired of using a full size van for my service calls. Never needed all that space and climbing in and out.

When I mentioned to the owner of my company that I could get $4500 on trade-in he finally gave me the go ahead to look for a new service vehicle. :yahoo:

I searched for a few days to find one set up the way I wanted and came across a white XLT with parkway windows and cargo system.

So far I am loving it. Rides like a car, has enough room to fit my tools and parts. I will be taking it on a service call to Delaware on Thursday so I will find out just how comfortable it is on a 400 mile round trip. I'll post a report after.

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Ron and I'm a Transitaholic...

I've been following the Transit and Transit Connect for about 3 years. Mainly because the 2007 Ranger I had just did not work for my purposes. I own a wood flooring shop and the payload and large covered cargo area are just what I needed. My only disapointment is that we didn't get the 1.8l turbo diesel powerplant.

I ordered my TC in March and took delivery Aug 11. I've already got 1300 km (yes I'm Canadian, from Vanvouver to be exact) and I'm averaging about 400 km on 40-45 litres of gas, that's almost twice the milage I got from my 93 Areostar AWD and it actually handles a load better. My Connect has no rear windows, backup sensor and stability package, otherwise it is a stock box. The handling is great and I highly advise the stabilty package, it has no lean even in fast corners with a load. It's like you're glued to the road.

I have driven Ford vans all my life from E150's to E350 cubes (my other current truck is a 2004 E350 7.3l turbo diesel with 16' box) and this is the best handling truck I've ever owned. Granted it is a lot more like a car and I don't think I've ever sat this low!

If you get a TC expect to talk to a lot of people! I figure I should get some kind of commission with all the people that ask about my odd little truck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to Ford vehicles. I just traded in a 06 Chevy Express for a Transit connect XL wagon. I've always owned either VWs or GM, but after looking and test driving the Transit I had to get one. Build quality is top notch. Everything from the Express fits in the transit with room to spare. Owned it for a week and like it more and more....Drives like a VW and should be allot cheaper and easier to service.

Hello group,

I am a recent Transit convert.. :banvictory: Came to the van side from an '02 Crown Vic LX Sport. Quite a difference!

I've had my TC for 3 weeks and a day - bought it 8/28/09 at the Mullinax Ford Store in North Palm Beach, FL. Mine is an XLT Van and is white. It seems that all of the ones I saw up to the day I walked up to this one were XL models, and after having read all I could find on this vehicle over the last year and a half, I was pretty well dead set on the XLT I found. The first XLT I found had no windows in the sliders or rear doors, but it didn't matter anyway as it was already sold. It did, however, give me the opportunity to look at the way the XLT was setup inside.

This is the 42nd Ford I've owned in the last 38 years, having had a small fleet of '63 Galaxies, one of every generation of the F series from '53 on up through '79, and quite a few other odds and ends Fords. I found that of all of them, the one I liked the most (practicality wise) was an '89 Bronco II. It was a vehicle you could drive anywhere, park anywhere, and turn around anywhere. I am now finding the Transit is as close to its equal as anything I've seen (except for the radio!)

I was impressed initially by this Transit Connects' appearance, but then had the chance to drive one, and immediately decided it was time for a change. I had three dealers looking for an XLT, and the one from which I purchased the vehicle was not among them. I happened to drive by this dealers' lot and noted that the ones on their line-up had paint on the front bumpers. This required an immediate U-turn and stop for inspection. About two hours (and a minor monsoon) later, I was happily driving my new T.C. home.

The attached photo is after changing the wheels/tires out for something a little more visibly pleasing (and a tad more footprint too!)

Post more later!

REC

post-112-1253380192_thumb.jpg