Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

ncranchero

Tune-up time overdue

My MPG's have dropped to 365 miles on a tank so upon checking when I'd last changed my air filter (49901 Wix) it became apparent that it was time again. Changed it, confident my MPG's would once again allow me 390-400 miles on a tank. Nope. Looked up the recommended spark plug change and see it's 90K, hmmm. I'm at 107K now so it's overdue. Called my local Ford dealer for an estimate ...................holy smoke! Parts/labor to change the plugs is a whopping $469 !!! How can this be? Oh yeah, if the plug breaks it's $65 each to remove the broken piece! It's a plain old spark plug. WTH is there to break?

Called the Parts Dept back & asked the price of plugs. $15.50 each.

SP448 (AGSF32YPC) Motorcraft at Rock Auto are $6.41 & $7.09 @ Advance Auto !!

Mind blowing!

Edited by ncranchero

it takes under 30 minutes to change these plugs. they are right on top. 8MM socket for the bolt that hold the coilpack on and a sparkplug socket to remove the plug. i bought the new Irdiumn pluga at Oriellys for under 6.00 each

I usually do plugs, points and rotor all at the same time. Don't forget the dealer leaves you little paper sheets on the floor as part of the $469.

On 9/5/2014 at 5:07 PM, 2013TransitConnect said:

points and rotor all at the same time

?, Transit is coil over plug system.

Yes  I see this is a old thread but just adding for others info.