Ford Transit Connect Forum

Removable shelf in cargo area of wagon

Tranzy,

Thanks for your response. Hadn't even heard of the Tourneo Connect :)

Did seaching on eBay UK and Google Shopping UK but didn't come up with anything. I wonder if it might be called something else apart form a "shelf" or "tray"? I done a search through general parts too.

Edit: I have found mention of a "PARCEL SHELF (REAR)" for Tourneo Connect but haven't found one yet.

Edited by firstford

I had also been looking for something, but then gave up. I had wanted a cargo cover for there or a shelf.

I'm p[lanning on making my own. I was going to get 2 pieces of plywood and put a hinge between them so it folds up when removed.

I'd carpet it and just lay it in those slots.

• 10 months later...

any chance one of the forum readers here that lives in Europe- UK-SPAIN-TURKEY can post a website where the shelf is sold...? last I heard someone found it in UK...very expensive however...have tried google/ebay uk, sp no luck....for transit or tourneo connect

• 1 month later...

Be careful in adding a cargo shelf to rear of transit connect. The plastic side panels will not support much weight and will pop off. I put a shelf in and had to add legs underneath to support weight of cargo. Otherwise works great!

Fianccone,

I used the completely stiff lightweight plastic-coated wire-type steel shelving and put rubber matting on top. There is no sagging at all. The shelving has worked fantastically for all the trays of plants that my wife has been carrying on there.

• 2 weeks later...
ActiveIndy,
My wife, a landscaper, needed a strongish parcel shelf to carry trays of plants in the spring. So I decided to use steel shelving and a piece of the truck bed mat that I had left over (after lining the floor with the truck bed liner.
1. The first picture is the two pieces of shelves and the piece of liner.
2. Second picture is the shelves in place. Both shelves have notches cut into thme so they fit into the front and back respectively
3. Third picture is shelves again showing a padding string underneath
4. Fourth is rubber mat in place. Prevents any shelf movement and does not rattle. Can take quite a weight especially towards the edge of the shelves. The shelves have a little lip which prevents sliding too.
The van is dirty as it's being making multiple trips to the nursery. This shelf stays in just for 3 months or so, then we remove it.

IMG 4651 (Medium)

IMG 4652 (Medium)

IMG 4653 (Medium)

IMG 4654 (Medium)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...