Ford Transit Connect Forum

Wheel covers from fordpartsuk.com

MarkH

After driving for a couple of weeks minus the not real pretty stock hubcaps my silver center caps arrived from fordpartsuk. They fit correctly and cover the lug nuts. However, they are plastic not metal like the in the fordpartsuk.com photo.

They cost about $120 including shipping. I'll still leave them on as long as possible. They do not attach very securely and I expect one or more will fall off. I may add a dab of silicon to try to keep them on a while longer.

The part number is 4447375.

To clarify, yes the covers are called Transit Connect Steel Wheel Covers. See this link:

http://www.fordparts...47375_c_288.htm

The part number in the ad and the one on the Ford-branded bags the covers came in is the same. I told Trevor, the sales rep I dealt with, and even offered to let him use my pictures for the Site to show a correct part. He was very responsive during the sale so let's see if he can get the change made to the fordpartsuk.com page.

One of them fell off yesterday, before I had figured out how to keep them on without using glue. I found it in the gutter near my house, scuffed, but still usable. They are all off for now until I affix them more permanently.

post-2557-0-75404200-1336014117_thumb.jp

post-2557-0-57249200-1336014127_thumb.jp

Edited by MarkH

The silver caps on the black wheels kind of makes them look like old school cop wheels. For $120 you better make sure they get retained huh??

BTW unless Ford has improved their paint and/or paint process on the wheel, the black paint is gonna start to look like crap in a fairly short period of time. If you like the look, you might consider getting the wheels powdercoated black for longevity.

I have purchased many items from Fordpartsuk and have not found any to be mis-represented in their description. Did they say the wheel covers were metal? I was also considering the same wheel covers, I just assumed they were plastic. I went with just the black center caps. One more thought about how they attach. They are supposed to snap around the cone washer at the base of the lug nut. That is the same lug nut that is also on the Fordpartsuk web site and is the type used on my 2010. I am wondering, since you show a 2012 Transit Connect, did Ford change the lug nuts they are using to the common type without the cone washer? If so, there is no way your wheel covers will stay on without, as you mention, some sort of glue. Let us know.