Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transmission blown At 15k Miles

JoeLaura

I have always ran newer model trucks to keep my Company on solid ground since I am basically just a two man shop. I ran across the transit connect and had to go for it. I liked the look and assumed they had the bugs worked out. Guys, Please considering buying the rip off extended warranty they offer because if not your screwed if anything major happens. If you purchase the rip off extended warranty then the service guys will get you a loaner and take care of your problem sooner than later. If not they become the Ford Service Repair Notzis and could care less if you ROT IN HELL! Ford will probably thank me for posting this so more people will buy the rip off extended warranty and that even gets me more upset. Ford should stand behind their product like they used to. When/If I finally get my van back I am pasting sign on it to let everyone know that my Trasit Connect Transmission blew at 15k miles and to be sure to get the extended warranty so your not left out in the cold with the service repair Notzis.

I was driving a couple of weeks ago and noticed it seemed to slip out and then back in gear. I googled the symptom and saw where a couple of others had the same problem but they said the dealer could never find anything wrong. So I blew it off and it happened again a week later. After that it was downhill. Couldnt get reverse and it would slip in and out of gear. Was lucky enough to make it home and ford only wanted to tow it to the closest dealer instead of where I bought it from. They pulled the transmission and replaced some parts and test drove fine at first. Then more problems. Dropped the pan and there was metal in it. Ford finally gave them the ok to replace the whole transmission and not its a matter of getting one here to new orleans. Cant get a rental truck now because Jazz Fest has them tied up starting thursday and my customers wondering where the hell Im at. Its been a bad couple of weeks. No one can believe this is hapening at 15k miles. BTW, I do alarm system install so carry a very light load in the truck.

In what circumstances did it blow and how?

The 4-speed auto is probably a very old model anyway. A weird choice for a small displacement engine.