Ford Transit Connect Forum

Tuning the TC

Ken Wilson

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I can program the Transit Connect ECU. I've just wrapped up the second turbo Transit and it worked out quite well.

How about the 2014's ? (2.5 liter Gas)

I came from the Focus ST world and it's cool to see FSWerks in here :)

Edited by omniphil

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As with every car, the first attempt at increasing performance comes with cold air and better exhaust flow.  More in, more out.  Since there isn't a drop-in intake, you could probably fabricate your own.  Perhaps disconnect the mass airflow sensor, remove the factory airbox, and disconnect at the hose clamp.  Then get a pvc tube of the same diameter, and adapt the mass airflow sensor.  Now you can get an aftermarket CUSTOM MADE cone filter from aFe that fits over the tube, and attach it with hose clamp.  It all needs to be supported, so a bracket could be fabricated to attach to OEM mounting points for the air box.  

Any good muffler shop should be able to cut off the factory exhaust from the catalytic converter on back, and fabricate something with larger diameter pipe plus a small glasspack and either dump it at a 90 degree angle or route it any way you want.

Please excuse my kindergarden drawing.

1276.jpg

Build Your Own Filter

0% Complete 

*Units measured in inches
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngFlange Diameter
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngBase Diameter
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngFilter Height
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngFlange Length
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngInverted Top
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngTop Diameter
?
arrow_right.1473960530.pngFilter Media
sls.1473960530.pngss.1473960530.jpg

Top Diameter

Filter Height

Flange Length

Flange Diameter

Base Diameter

sls.1473960530.png

910-13106_L%5B1%5D.jpgls.jpg017.jpg

INTAKE.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TrevorR said:

Anyone ever figure out a tuner for 2.5L?

There's essentially zero performance market for a Transit Connect and, understandably, manufacturers only go where the money is. So don't hold your breath for a Transit Connect tuner, lol. Our vans are technically modified Focus chassis, I wonder if anyone has ever tried a Focus tuner on a TC? 

• 4 weeks later...

It can be done. You need a dyno. A custom tune can be uploaded. Just like any other car. Change the fuel mapping for air / fuel ratio. Change the shift points and shift firmness.  Advance or retard spark. 

$1200 and you won't notice a thing. The dyno may measure a 1 - 3 horsepower increase. You could get another ft lbs of torque. But in the real world, you are not winning any races. You won't even feel the difference accelerating a freeway onramp to merge into traffic flow.