Ford Transit Connect Forum

Radio and speaker replacement

Tranzy

Just replaced my cheap Ford 6000cd radio and dollar store speakers.......I installed a double din Kenwood DNX 7180 with Sirius sat radio and Garmin navigation, next I replaced the front 5 1/4 inch speakers with 5 1/4 inch 3 way pioneer, the back with 5 1/4 inch 2 way JBL's .....Wow what a difference in quality and sound. Bluetooth also works great with my I phone.

Yes, I beleave it will work with the steering wheel controls, says so in the manual. Took me 3 hours to install, you must purchase a radio mounting kit for your TC. I can also watch dvd's . You can even hook up a rear or front view camera with this unit, my TC already has the back up camera. The sat radio antenna, I routed up the left side of the dash, up inside the black moulding to the top of the head liner to the back , out of the back door, up on the roof....best part is all the wiring is hidden.

• 2 months later...

I did a site search for pictures/description of the door panel removal for front speaker install and the photos that were up on the site had broken links to photobucket. Does anyone have any pics of the panel removal and speaker install?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind, it was super easy. The 3 way speakers made a huge difference! I am impressed, the sound quality at higher speeds, where the volume has to be louder to combat road noise, is much improved! Highly recommend to anyone who wants to upgrade their sound system for less than $55.

Never mind, it was super easy. The 3 way speakers made a huge difference! I am impressed, the sound quality at higher speeds, where the volume has to be louder to combat road noise, is much improved! Highly recommend to anyone who wants to upgrade their sound system for less than $55.

Zepper... how easy is 'super east's??

I want to swap out mine...

can you make a "how to" like you were asking before?

Did you take any pictures?

im asking you for help and instruction.

thank you.

I don't have any photos, but I have also replaced my door speakers and it was fairly easy. There are hidden screws behind two places: one is a small circle behind the door pull, and then there are two hidden behind the grained trim on the door pull handle. These covers can be removed with a fine screwdriver or other tool that has a small, thin, flat edge (the round piece behind the door pull has a tiny slot to assist with removal). The rest is exposed screws along the perimeter of the door panel and possibly a few clips (I don't remember anymore). If you have power mirrors you will need to unplug the wire harness on the driver's side. Once you have everything loose, the door panel lifts up and off the door. The speakers have a plug connector so you have a choice of either buying the aftermarket adapters to simply plug in the new speakers, or cutting and splicing.

I would second the recommendation of Dynamat or similar material. I didn't and now wish that I had (the doors buzz/vibrate with certain bass frequencies).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm getting my 2012 Transit Connect any day now.

I jumped the gun and purchased a Pioneer DD deck

Since the 2012 model OEM radio is a DD unit, would the replacement be just a straight removal and reinstall? How hard/easy is to remove the original unit/bezel? Which harness would be suitable for connecting to 4 speakers?

Hoping for some help. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my cheap Ford 6000cd radio and dollar store speakers.......I installed a double din Kenwood DNX 7180 with Sirius sat radio and Garmin navigation, next I replaced the front 5 1/4 inch speakers with 5 1/4 inch 3 way pioneer, the back with 5 1/4 inch 2 way JBL's .....Wow what a difference in quality and sound. Bluetooth also works great with my I phone.

Hi, I have just done a very similar install in my 2007 TC.

Could you please confirm the speaker wire colors? Mine had a white wire and a light blue wire at the speaker end, which is + and which is -?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have just done a very similar install in my 2007 TC.

Could you please confirm the speaker wire colors? Mine had a white wire and a light blue wire at the speaker end, which is + and which is -?

Thanks

I have confirmed that the White is positive and the light blue is negative on my 2013 Ford TC XLT. Used the battery method to see which direction the woofer jumped when connected to a 1.5V AA Battery.

I'm getting my 2012 Transit Connect any day now.

I jumped the gun and purchased a Pioneer DD deck

Since the 2012 model OEM radio is a DD unit, would the replacement be just a straight removal and reinstall? How hard/easy is to remove the original unit/bezel? Which harness would be suitable for connecting to 4 speakers?

Hoping for some help. Thanks.

Has any body determined if the radio in the uility van that came with 2 speakers on a 2013 Ford TC XLT with Sync can support adding 2 additional speakers? And how can I do this? ARe the wires somewhere in the rear?? Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hey guys, i'm trying to replace my speakers. i pulled up an exploded view of the door online. there are some hidden screws, one behind the latch pull handle, and two behind the long vertical handle with the embossed grain. problem is, i can't expose those two screws.i can't see how that pops open. the drawing shows that is 2 piece with screws underneath. tried prying with screw driver and pulling with hook, don't want to break anything.???

hi 619tech, i noticed that there is a bal-fade button. when you push it once, that's balance, but when you push it again it doesn't say or do anything. wonder if the radio is just limited to left ,right and not front rear because it's a cargo van with door speakers only? i have the radio out right now and i don't see any extra speaker wires. i speculate, that radio is capable of L-R only. of coarse i could be wrong. mechanically, i'm pretty good, electronics, not so much???