Ford Transit Connect Forum

Computer Errors

nadia

Hi All,

I am looking for some answers to what might be going on with my Transits computer. I have a 1998 turbo diesle. I have been touring oz in it and one day the red engin light came on and then the engin just stopped. I finally got it to a mechanics, they computer tested it and it was found to have 17 errors. He rang a few people and they all seemed to think it was a problem with the computer itself. The computer got sent to some computer gurus who in the end could not fully test the computer but also could not find anything wrong with it. When the computer got re-installed the van started straight away. The computer was retested and this time showed 18 errors but only 4 were the same as the first test. I still have another 10-15 thousand kms to go. I want to know If this is something I need to be concerned about or is it normal. Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Nadia

I am looking for some answers to what might be going on with my Transits computer.

I'm pretty sure there are no big old Transit owners on this site.

It may just be a lack of maintenance. When were the filters last changed? MAF and MAP cleaned? Is it running hot or cold?