Ford Transit Connect Forum

Gas Cap Update

zepper

• 2 weeks later...

I saw somebody posted that they got an updated gas cap. Has anyone else got this update? Is there a bulletin?

I did not get a TSB.

I stopped by my dealership and described the problem.

They replaced the cap with the pictured version no additional questions asked or assuming I was at fault and did not know how to secure a gas cap...

It was not noted on the work receipt as to the replacement gas cap so I am not sure how they accounted for it with Ford.

I am extremely happy with my dealership. Pat Milliken Ford. They follow up on a regular basis after service to ensure the work completed is to my satisfacttion.

I hope the other Ford dealerships are on the same track to keep the customer happy after the sale.

So far there is a noticeable improvement but I did not have problems with the original cap in the first year.

I was always careful to align and though the cap is designed to not over tighten by "clicking" when tight, I stopped at the first couple clicks...

It was a period of time before i was experiencing the problems many others were having.

Time will tell how this will perform long term but I had a similar design on a Focus and there were no problems with that cap in 11 years.

Maybe the next generation TC will get the capless fuel fill design that many of the Ford vehicles now have. I have one on a Fusion and it is a time saver and will spoil you.

• 4 weeks later...