Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

mike56

Transmission fluid change

Nice Report Don, I used the vent to fill mine with a long funnel and the fluid went in fast.  I have changed mine twice at approximately 25000 mile intervals.  This vehicle works the fluid hard so for the price of the fluid I might shorten the interval.

Advance Auto Parts has the Castrol Transmax Full Synthetic ATF on sale again for $4.99 per quart, with free shipping on orders of $25 or more.  That's cheaper than the conventional Mercon LV!  I just ordered me 8 extra quarts and am going to drain and add 4 new at each 10,000 mile oil change

Do a Google Search for Castrol Transmax 06519 and you should find the link to the sale

Don

Thanks Don I will check it out.

Thanks for the tip and write-up on the gen 2 atf change procedure, GBL and Beta Don!  I just ordered from Advance Auto Parts several quarts of the Castrol "Transmax Synthetic Multi-Vehicle" Merton LV-compatible product for my newly-acquired 2014 XLT 2.5 Wagon.