Ford Transit Connect Forum

Bearings & Brakes

Since I purchased my 2011 Transit Connect this past July, I've noticed black brake dust build-up on the front wheel covers. After a few months of highway driving, I also noticed a gradually louder and louder hum/buzz from the front wheels. Today Ford replaced a front-left wheel bearing at no charge (warrenty). The bearing was bad. The Ford garage said the breaks were ok, but I really wonder about the black residue.

I've also had a loud buzz from the drivers side door mirror. The garage could not identify the problem in a test drive. I eventually found that it was a vibration from highway wind from the black plastic plate that the mirror mounts to on the window area. I sealed the gap between the stationary window section and the black plastic piece using silicone- that solved the annoying problem.

I also have a chronic air/seal leak with the passenger's side side sliding door. The leak sound eventually stops after driving with the air conditioning or heater on. It seems that building inside air pressure eventually stops the sound of an air/wind leak. The Ford garage has had some trouble identifying the leak, but they're very willing to keep at it.

Hey, other than that, believe it or not, I love this little vehicle.

Edited by Game Plan

• 1 year later...