Ford Transit Connect Forum

hub cap suggestions

Willie

I recently lost a hubcap and am reluctant to spend the price of a new one to replace it.

. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for alternate hubcaps that might fit. I think I would prefer smaller caps that cover only the center part of the wheel. Has anyone tired these?

Yes, this gentleman put the Euro caps on his:

med_gallery_1427_86_1520387.jpg

As you can see the Euro caps come painted silver to match the silver wheels they have. There is also a much smaller cap that is black plastic, which only covers the hole in the center of the wheel and not the lugs. Both of these are available only by sourcing it from Europe.

I didn't care for the looks of the North American wheel covers, so after a while spent sporting polished steel wheels and trim rings, I ended up purchasing a cheap set of Corolla knock-off wheel covers on eBay. About 35 bucks for a set of 4. Up close they are obviously cheap, but from a normal viewing distance they are presentable. I actually got a compliment on them from another employee of my company who also drives a TC.

Thanks for the reply. I do really like the caps in your photo, but I'm not sure I like them enough to order from Europe. That sounds like a big hassle.

I guess I will have to look around for other large wheel covers to fit as you did. I don't think a typical small hubcap will fit these wheels.

• 1 month later...

I lost one to a pothole. I know, hard to imagine in Michigan............. ROTFLM@O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-15-Hubcaps-Rim-Wheel-Covers-Hub-Cap-Set-Free-Ship-/290570004900?fits=Model:Transit%20Connect&hash=item43a75269a4&item=290570004900&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Got 4 for a little more than the cost of 1 OEM. May be a little cheesy to some but I like them !!

Yes, this gentleman put the Euro caps on his:

I had this type of cap on my English Sunbeam Arrow years ago. I dressed them up be affixing 2 inch red reflectors to the center. I am looking to do the same for the stock caps on my 2012 tc. I used Silicone Adhesive.

As you can see the Euro caps come painted silver to match the silver wheels they have. There is also a much smaller cap that is black plastic, which only covers the hole in the center of the wheel and not the lugs. Both of these are available only by sourcing it from Europe.

I didn't care for the looks of the North American wheel covers, so after a while spent sporting polished steel wheels and trim rings, I ended up purchasing a cheap set of Corolla knock-off wheel covers on eBay. About 35 bucks for a set of 4. Up close they are obviously cheap, but from a normal viewing distance they are presentable. I actually got a compliment on them from another employee of my company who also drives a TC.

I lost one to a pothole. I know, hard to imagine in Michigan............. ROTFLM@O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-15-Hubcaps-Rim-Wheel-Covers-Hub-Cap-Set-Free-Ship-/290570004900?fits=Model:Transit%20Connect&hash=item43a75269a4&item=290570004900&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Got 4 for a little more than the cost of 1 OEM. May be a little cheesy to some but I like them !!

Thanks for the suggestion. I also wound up buying four new plastic hubcaps from amazon. Mine are black with chrome trim, but I haven't received them yet.

• 2 years later...

Thursday I spotted a white TC on Hwy. 17 in the Santa Cruz mountains with these caps on it. It didn't have the trim rings, and it looked GREAT!

I'm definitely going to have to find a set for my 2010. :) Is sourcing from Europe still the only option?

Edited by Timbo

Turns out I can't mount the center caps after all. My stock wheels don't have the little "ears" or tabs in the center that hold the cap in place (oh well).

I was looking at aluminum wheels but I'm not sure what size to get. I read, on this site, something about how tire selection with 15" wheels is very slim.

Apparently we have to run special tires on these things, and they can be hard to find in the stock 15" size.

Maybe I'll just live with the stock wheels and find another use for the money I save...... I can put a lot of gas in this thing with the $500 I'll save not buying wheels. :)

Timbo, as mrtn wrote, the wheel caps that cover the center of the wheel including the lug nuts, as in azdamay's post, are held on by snapping them on over the stock wheel nuts. The cone shaped bottom of the stock wheel nuts have an edge around the cone that the wheel caps snap over. You might also be interested in an even smaller solution. Look at my Gallery. I have posted a picture of my center wheel hub covers. The lug nuts hold it on by, once again, the edge of the lug nuts.

Timbo, I started using www.fordpartsuk.com a few years ago and other forum members have also used them for Ford parts that are not carried by our US Ford Dealers, like the two types of wheel covers we are discussing, large outside mirrors, rear door 3rd brake light........ The contact is Trevor, he has been very helpfull. When you order, be specific which type of wheel cover you want. Trevor will send you back a confirmation with the pricing.

Edited by 103west43rd

Then again. I sent Trevor at fordpartsuk an email, asking about the little hub caps, and this was his response. :(

Hi
Can you provide the reg?
Can you identify the Wheel cap design fitted?
None of the options are held on by the wheel nuts though
I suspect you may require the Full wheel trim
Best Regards
Trevor
www.fordpartsuk.com

Ok Timbo. Go to their website and you will see both styles listed under Transit Connect.

It's funny, cause I found those when I originally searched their website, but then when I sent them an email they said they didn't carry that type. :/

Odd

I put some American Racing rims on mine. I used the stock tire. According to Les Schwab where I bought them they were only one of two rims that would fit.

Do you have a part number for those wheels? An offset would help too. :) Are they 15 X 7/?

Edited by Timbo

• 9 months later...

I also have UK center caps on my TC (would post pics if I could figure out how). They are small and light so postage was reasonable.

The silver plastic caps have 3 tabs that snap around each lug nut and make a nice fit.