Ford Transit Connect Forum

Splash guards not standard ?

Did anyone else not get factory splash guards on a new T.C. ? I bought what I considered a "loaded" model with some options and features that I may rarely if ever use yet no factory flaps came on board. The way the body "rolls under" at the rocker panel area allows the tires to fling road grime onto the front doors and rear bumper whenever it is wet out (often since I live in Portland). A trip to Northwest Auto Accessories here in town brought my attention to some aftermarket guards called Roadsport Pro Fit by Powerflow. The packaging lists which size number fits what vehicle. For a Transit, the fit chart says size #1 for both front and rear. The price seemed a bit high ($60 - $80 for two pair) to chance getting stuck with them if not a good fit (non closeable package) A web search took me to J C Whitney who listed the same guards as "guaranteed to fit" at the blowout price of $11 dollars a pair during a free shipping special ! These arrived today and I have only had time to "test fit" them. I have to say, they look like a great match fit wise. They are a black molded somewhat rubbery poly material contoured to fit around the (dark gray) fender flares (not just a flat stamped out flap) The quality seems rather good for having paid less than $25 delivered. I will report back regarding the install and performance results. Videlli

• 3 months later...