Ford Transit Connect Forum

Sliding door flip open windows

We have a 2011 TC. It has the fixed windows in the sliding doors. We want to convert it to windows that flip open. Our Ford parts guy found the factory flip windows we need but is unsure about what hardware that is needed. Have any of you done this conversion? It should be simple. I just want to get the facts together before I commit to the glass. Thanks

We have a 2011 TC. It has the fixed windows in the sliding doors. We want to convert it to windows that flip open. Our Ford parts guy found the factory flip windows we need but is unsure about what hardware that is needed. Have any of you done this conversion? It should be simple. I just want to get the facts together before I commit to the glass. Thanks

I'd love that too. Pleas post if you find an answer.

Huh?

I know in the Premium wagon with windows in the back quarter that the windows can be cracked open but I wasn't aware that the glass in the sliding doors can be opened.

I have the EPC [Electronic parts Catalog] and I will see if I can see this option

Ok I looked in my EPC, the Ford EPC is a little confusing. The illustration shows two glass windows and where it shows the an hinge on the window, then it makes reference to 3rd row window.

I don't think that flip windows exist on the sliding door BUT if you DO see it note the VIN because then I can plug the VIn into my EPC and then only the parts associated with that VIN appear

You can also go to www.fordparts.com to try to figure it out except it will not give the complete part number

Well I went to www.fordparts.com and the hinge glass does not make reference to 3rd row glass

Ordering those pieces of glass ,if by mistake, would be very expensive at ~~$500 per window

The most I have been able to do is order and install the handholds above each door, like on 2011 TC. I have a 2010 TC

Edited by Mikeeshaq

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The wagon comes with a wiper and a washer on both the Lift gate and Barn door Versions . The front windshield washer fluid tank supplies liquid to the windshield and rear windows in both versions. the wipers and washer work well

The Shape of all Vans creates a big vacuum that puts the dirt on the rear window.

Edited by G B L