Ford Transit Connect Forum

Kenny,

I'm looking into this as well. It seems that most of the newer Fords (cars anyway) use the same fog lamps, and the holes in the cover (you have to cut them out) would be the same as most other Fords, or at least the ones that use the small round fog lamps.

I think the biggest deal will be figuring out the mounting brackets, as they are what varies from model to model. I am trying to find a busted lamp to use as a tool to work on this, but as of yet, haven't run across one. (I'm in and out of body shops all day every day..) If there isn't a bracket that would fit "out of the box", then I will be finding a way to make one.

I think the lamps would look (and function) much better than those black holes in the front cover! I'll watch the thread and see if anyone else comes up with something too...

REC

Happily Transiting.....

• 3 years later...

My foglight project was completed today. I'm still tinkering with different bulbs and halo ring colors, but the lights are installed and they're working. Both lights were wired into the factory foglight harness using modified spade connectors. The halo rings were wired into the wiring harness feeding the side marker lights.

Parts list:

RS Type 3" projector lamps purchased off ebay. Part # 4-FL-7580-PHL-W......... $55.00

One 2-position (european style) headlight switch. Ford part # BT1Z-11654-A....... $101.98

One 5-pin foglamp relay (position 121 in the cabin fuse box). Ford part # 6G9214N089-A..... $28.19

One 4-pin foglamp relay (position 31F in the engine bay fuse box). Ford part # 5L3Z14N089-AA.... $38.36

I cut the airdam "juicers" with a 67mm (2 5/8") hole saw. The hole required only minor clean up for the foglights to fit. I bought an extra set of 100w H3 bulbs and might swap those in to see how much brighter they are over the standard H3 bulbs. I did not use the blue bulbs that came with the lights because of personal preferences. I also put red boots over the halo bulbs to change them from blue to orange.

TC_foglights_22.sized.jpg

Edited by Ken Wilson

The halo rings illuminate anytime the parking lamps or headlamps are activated. The european-style, 2-position headlight switch is designed to allow the front foglamps and rear foglamps to be activated independently. The switch also allows the foglamps to be deployed in the parking lamp mode. Easy to install, too... the factory wiring harness plugs right in.

TC_foglights_23.sized.jpg

Edited by Ken Wilson

• 4 months later...

My foglight project was completed today. I'm still tinkering with different bulbs and halo ring colors, but the lights are installed and they're working. Both lights were wired into the factory foglight harness using modified spade connectors. The halo rings were wired into the wiring harness feeding the side marker lights.

Parts list:

RS Type 3" projector lamps purchased off ebay. Part # 4-FL-7580-PHL-W......... $55.00

One 2-position (european style) headlight switch. Ford part # BT1Z-11654-A....... $101.98

One 5-pin foglamp relay (position 121 in the cabin fuse box). Ford part # 6G9214N089-A..... $28.19

One 4-pin foglamp relay (position 31F in the engine bay fuse box). Ford part # 5L3Z14N089-AA.... $38.36

I cut the airdam "juicers" with a 67mm (2 5/8") hole saw. The hole required only minor clean up for the foglights to fit. I bought an extra set of 100w H3 bulbs and might swap those in to see how much brighter they are over the standard H3 bulbs. I did not use the blue bulbs that came with the lights because of personal preferences. I also put red boots over the halo bulbs to change them from blue to orange.

TC_foglights_22.sized.jpg

Just looking at purchasing some Ford fog lights off of eBay, had a couple quick questions.

1. Do you happen to have a photo of the Euro-style switch you installed? If not, would it be possible to take one and share it please?

2. I'm assuming that if I purchase stock Ford fog lights, that a 2011 Ford Transit Connect XLT already has the wiring harnesses in place to plug them into?

3. Are the relays required that you purchased? Just want to verify!

Really want to put fogs on my 2011 Transit Connect XLT van and just want to make sure I order up the correct parts. I know I'll need to drill out the 'juicers' up front, but after that I am hoping it's a matter of plug & play since I'd be purchasing factory Ford fogs.

Bumbles (my van) and I thank you!

7722629384_927be83dfc_b.jpg

Welcome Stephen. This forum has become large enough that duplicate topics are being posted. A common occurance. Check the original Fog Lamp postings at

1. Ford Transit Connect Forum
  2. Ford Transit Connect: Exterior: Brakes, Cargo, Chassis, Glass, Lighting, Towing
  3. Cargo, Hauling, Towing & Upfit Packages

To those of us who were early adopters of the Transit Connect, fog lamps were a hot topic! Madlock started the above posting back in November 2009. You will find many ideas on a fog lamp solution in addition to this posting of Ken's very nice install. I did two different installs of fog lamps, my second install used Bulgarian copies of the factory lights. Read my postings and look at the pictures in my gallery. it will add to your knowledge. Good Luck!

Edited by 103west43rd

• 4 weeks later...

Well I purchased a pair of fog lamps online from a Ford Dealer and got all the parts and installed them but no juice going to the lights. I verified correct relays with a Ford Transit Connect Premium that came with fog lamps in both the passenger and the engine compartment. All I can figure is either there is faulty wiring or something else must be done to tell maybe the computer that Fog lights are installed. My Fog Lamp annunciator does not go on either. I had to wire it using a separate relay and pulled the 12V of the pin 83b from the euro switch. Kind of upset after spending $40 for the relays. Any help or suggestions would help. I am up with fogs now but would like the original wiring to work as designed.

BTW Great post on providing info and parts list. Came in real handy. Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this will help solve your power problem, or not, but I also installed a couple of standard fuses in the under-dash fuse box that were not installed from the factory. Seems like I referred to the owner's manual, looked up the fuse box diagram, and I installed fuses in any position that had to do with auxiliary lighting or fog lamps. However, despite installing these two or three fuses, I didn't get power into the factory harness until I installed the two relays.

Maybe the relays AND the fuses were needed? I really don't know. I installed my lights by trial and error.