Ford Transit Connect Forum

Rock and TC front window trim

I was driving down the 401 multilane hwy here in Ontario not that long ago with the window down, and i heard a rock hit the van ,, thinking that i was going to have nice dent in the side door by the sound of it hitting.

Forgot about it until getting fuel the next day and thought , hey i should check out that rock ding ,, to my surprise there was no ding ,, but ,, stuck in the weatherstripping of the door window , was a rock about the size of your thumbnail!

Sitting in the van and checking out where the rock was stuck , it would have caught me in the temple if it was at a slightly different angle ,, made me shudder.

Attached some pictures from the day of discovering it ,, hope they show up.

Gord

post-626-0-37580300-1314925549_thumb.jpg

post-626-0-07596200-1314925565_thumb.jpg

post-626-0-66934900-1314925578_thumb.jpg

WOW! What a close call. Hwy 401 is unforgiving at times....I do that stretch from Windsor to London every day.

You've got that right ,, and just after i posted that i read in the paper of a guy on the QEW that was killed when an object came through his window and he ran off the hwy ,, they think he was dead before the vehicle left the road ,from whatever hit his windshield.

I'm tending to drive with the windows up after this happened to me when i'm on the 400 series type of highways ,, hate like hell having the A/c on all the time , but this was just a little to close for comfort when you're going 100-120 kph.