Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Harni

TC dash screen

Hi All,

just picked up a 2014 transit connect 200 limited and have to say I’m very impressed with it!

we have a few 2017 transit custom trends at work and one thing I really prefer is the colour stereo screen. I know it provides no benefit such as extra features but I find it a lot easier to read. 

Does anyone know how easy it is (if possible at all) to swap out the blue low spec screen for a colour LCD one?

The small screen is the instrument panel cluster (IPC). I doubt it could be swapped without changing some programming in the ECU (actually IPC and BCM modules). BUT..it would be awesome if someone tried. You will be on your own because Ford won't help. Maybe a scrapped Focus can donate one. Who knows if they are even the same size?

Never heard of anyone replacing the screen alone. It's of different shape as well. Perhaps the whole cluster?

I am too old, having a Radio with dedicated buttons that I can use with out looking is my choice.

I'm so old, I think that if you remove the screen, the opening is just right for an 8 track.